The Student Room Group

Biology AS/A2 - Private Candidate?!

Hi,

I'm going to be studying the AS/A2 Biology (7401/7402) specification starting now to hopefully sit the exams next year. I am studying from home and teaching it myself; although I did AS Biology back in 2013.

I was wondering if anyone else is doing the same? A big chunk of the course requires a practical which needs to be handed in by May 15th 2017... and I have no idea how to go about that!

Any help would be great ^^
Confused by this - surely the new spec biology has the practical endorsement to get done - which needs to be done by a centre - no practical exam -?
Original post by Ackland77
Hi,

I'm going to be studying the AS/A2 Biology (7401/7402) specification starting now to hopefully sit the exams next year. I am studying from home and teaching it myself; although I did AS Biology back in 2013.

I was wondering if anyone else is doing the same? A big chunk of the course requires a practical which needs to be handed in by May 15th 2017... and I have no idea how to go about that!

Any help would be great ^^

I'm not studying the new spec but I am resitting some old spec exams including the practical elements. I would advise you to contact local schools, colleges and grammar schools in your area to inquire if you can apply as a private candidate. Please bear in mind that they will charge you for the privilege and practicals can be expensive.
U are studying from home to resit these exams in 2017 june right?So u have to pretty much be a private candidate to do that since all schools in these subjects have started new spec.

In order to do that u need to look for a college/grammer school etc.. and pay for the exams.Same goes for the practical.
I am doing the same.I am in the west yorkshire area and doing some exams.If u need any help finding a centre around this area i can help u out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending