The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OK, i thought id step in and say i am representing Albania, for no particular reason...
Reply 21
Switzerland
Reply 22
wackysparkle
ah nuts. Looks like I missed out on Sri Lanka :frown:

oh well..

WHO all the way :wink:, and I've been thinking a lot about this for sometime - since there are only 2 NGO representatives, The WHO would like to ask the new SG whether they (the WHO/wackysparkle) can provide a semi-representation for the NGO's that are not represented? - as their intervention is at times much needed.

I've been thinking about the lack of UN NGO's being represented on here too, apart from the WHO, which Wackysparkle deals with well. I was wondering whether I could represent one one or more other UN NGO's? I have a few in mind but which one's were you thinking that needed representation Wacky and Craggy? Also would it be possible to represent a country too as I'm more interested in having a career with and finding ot more about the UN's NGO's but another side of me wants to learn more about international politics and practice discussion and the structure of how the UN operates?:p:
Reply 23
bikerx23
Switzerland

:eek3: :bawling:
Reply 24
That's fine, Pinelem. Pick a country and an organisation. Try to have a look at what wackysparkle has done with the WHO. I think she's set a precedent for something that can work.
Denmark...
I love Kiwis, been to NZ twice - so New Zealand I'm happy with :smile: The first time was for cross-country when I was in high school, the other on a holiday only a couple years ago. I almost wanted to stay there forever :redface:
When are those of us who have selected potentially-contested positions going to know about them so we can start contributing? Would it be a good idea for us to pick minor countries for now and state our intention to run for election to a P5 country?
Russia, but can we hold off if we need an election until I post here again late r on in the week, as im about to lose internet for a few days.
Reply 29
I don't think the P5 countries are to be elected for a couple of days anyway.
Yes I'd love Israel again please.
Reply 31
LGoddard

Edit: On second thought, I shall leave the representation of Israel to gemgems89 (or whoever chooses to claim it) and shall refrain from representing any nation until I am more familiar with the structure and process of the MUN and am more certain that I can afford it the necessary temporal commitment.

LGoddard, would you like to take on the roll of a small and less prominent country, perhaps? Something like Lithuania or Swaziland, for instance, which will be easy to represent while allowing you time to find your feet?
Reply 32
JonathanH
When are those of us who have selected potentially-contested positions going to know about them so we can start contributing? Would it be a good idea for us to pick minor countries for now and state our intention to run for election to a P5 country?

lodzinski

Russia, but can we hold off if we need an election until I post here again late r on in the week, as im about to lose internet for a few days.

As ukebert suggested, I do not intend to kick off SC elections until the weekend. I hope this gives you time, lodz.
JonH: you can prepare a manifesto in the meantime.
lodzinski: it may be an idea to also prepare a brief manifesto, as some of our new members won't know you.
Reply 33
Just to clarify:

I am updating the list of represented countries as we go. If your name and country are on the list, this means that your choice of country is approved and that you may begin enacting your role as a representative :smile:
Craghyrax
LGoddard, would you like to take on the roll of a small and less prominent country, perhaps? Something like Lithuania or Swaziland, for instance, which will be easy to represent while allowing you time to find your feet?

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'd rather just observe for the time being.
Reply 35
Could I represent the IPCC please? I see that it is under the United Nations Observer Status on your represented list of countries and orgs etc. Unless Ukebert wants to do that or maybe we could do it together, as I saw some of what he wrote on the last page of the represented countries etc list that the SG linked.
Craghyrax
JonH: you can prepare a manifesto in the meantime.

Is there a length limit?
Reply 37
Pinelem
Could I represent the IPCC please? I see that it is under the United Nations Observer Status on your represented list of countries and orgs etc. Unless Ukebert wants to do that or maybe we could do it together, as I saw some of what he wrote on the last page of the represented countries etc list that the SG linked.

ukebert is Liechtenstein :smile: You're more than welcome to represent IPCC. I'll update the list.
Reply 38
Craghyrax
ukebert is Liechtenstein :smile: You're more than welcome to represent IPCC. I'll update the list.

Yes!! Score! :party: I guess I'll have to change my signature then.
Reply 39
JonathanH
Is there a length limit?

No, not at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending