The Student Room Group

University part time jobs

I am currently in my second year of a BSc in Accounting and Finance, and hopefully progressing to my third year in September. I did not manage to get a placement year in the field I desired, and would like to get a part time job from now till the end of my third year. I have 3 years of experience with the NHS (high stress environment) and am still currently working there. I would like to find a part time job as a Financial Analyst or Sales rep at a mediocre firm. Honestly, I am just a bit lost to were to start and how to even begin. If anyone here has any advice to where to begin, I would appreciate it dearly.
My cousin did a similar job by just emailing the firms directly because you would be looking for something quite specific with like the the schedule, still being a student and not having your qualification yet. You could also try LinkedIn. Could I ask how u had an NHS job whilst at uni as I am interested thanks
Reply 2
Original post by bloograpefroot
My cousin did a similar job by just emailing the firms directly because you would be looking for something quite specific with like the the schedule, still being a student and not having your qualification yet. You could also try LinkedIn. Could I ask how u had an NHS job whilst at uni as I am interested thanks

Thanks I will start emailing some firms I am interested in and try to integrate it into my university schedule. I got quite lucky to be honest, it started during the pandemic when a local vaccination centre needed admin staff asap and I applied. From there I made a good impression and got a higher admin post when the boosters were released. And now I am working in a hospital. I suggest starting with a GP near your home and trying to move on to a hospital with a year of experience. Hospitals have better pay and flexibility.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending