The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology Project Ideas?

We are currently starting our assignments in A.H Biology and i cant think of what to research on!
I was originally going to research on Orangutans and their human like behavior but my local zoo doesnt have any.
If it helps the local zoo is giving us research passes if we want to study animal behavior or something similar.
Can i get some suggestions on what to research? I want something rather unique thanks.
Original post by Ali.R99
We are currently starting our assignments in A.H Biology and i cant think of what to research on!
I was originally going to research on Orangutans and their human like behavior but my local zoo doesnt have any.
If it helps the local zoo is giving us research passes if we want to study animal behavior or something similar.
Can i get some suggestions on what to research? I want something rather unique thanks.
You could research one of the following topics on animal behavior:

Altruism

Kin selection

Imprinting

To make the study unique, you could research how the zoo context (rather than wild context) affects/influences one of the above topics. For instance, altruism or imprinting among animals of different species that would normally not occur in the same natural context
Reply 2
Having done Human Biology last year I honestly have no idea what is going on with this animal stuff but I know that Edinburgh zoo have a special pass (costing £25) for students studying AH biology to do their research at the zoo... I'm more interested in doing something related to proteins but this is something you could do. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending