The Student Room Group

Applying to medicine

Hi,
I was just wondering what you think of me applying to med school in the UK. In my IB I got:

HL
Bio: 6
Chem: 6
History: 6

SL
English: 5
French B: 6
Maths SL: 4

Unfortunately I messed up my maths exam and dropped from my predicted but with my EE/TOK I got 35 which is enough to apply to KCL and Leeds. Also my Dad sadly died during my IB course which affected my work and stuff, do you think they may take that into consideration and do you think im competative enough to apply? I also got 3 A*s and 6As and a B at GCSEs.

Thanks very much for you advice
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Danielcanadaread
Hi,
I was just wondering what you think of me applying to med school in the UK. In my IB I got:

HL
Bio: 6
Chem: 6
History: 6

SL
English: 5
French B: 6
Maths SL: 4

Unfortunely I messed up my maths exam and dropped from my predicted but with my EE/TOK I got 35 which is enough to apply to KCL and Leeds. Also my Dad sadly died during my IB course which effected my work and stuff, do you think they may take that into consideration and do you think im competative enough to apply. I also got 3 A*s and 6As and a B at GCSEs.

Thanks very much for you advice

KCL are GCSE heavy, so it's unlikely you'll be successful there. Leeds is a good option, provided you get a good BMAT score.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending