The Student Room Group

Further Maths choices

So I'm taking a year out and reapplying to university. I am going to study AS and A level further maths in my spare time as I can take the exams at my old sixth form in the summer. I'm uncertain on which applied modules to take.

I got and A* in Maths overall with As in C1-C4, A in M1 and a B in D1.

I was thinking S1 (however I haven't done statistics since GCSE), plus maybe M2 and M3 because I hated decision.

Just wondering if anyone has any relevant advice to offer?
Reply 1
Hey! I took S1 M2 and M3 (and M4) as well! :biggrin: I was in the exact same position as you since I hate decisions and changed to M3 halfway through the year.
M2 and M3 are easier than M1 questions wise but more in depth content wise, S1 is quite easy though M4 is more fun so if you're really into mechanics try that
Good luck!
Original post by youngar
So I'm taking a year out and reapplying to university. I am going to study AS and A level further maths in my spare time as I can take the exams at my old sixth form in the summer. I'm uncertain on which applied modules to take.

I got and A* in Maths overall with As in C1-C4, A in M1 and a B in D1.

I was thinking S1 (however I haven't done statistics since GCSE), plus maybe M2 and M3 because I hated decision.

Just wondering if anyone has any relevant advice to offer?

Depends what you enjoy more; working with data, or working more with physics style problems.
Reply 3
S2 can be done quickly and the exam questions are rather predictable :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Ipsooo
Hey! I took S1 M2 and M3 (and M4) as well! :biggrin: I was in the exact same position as you since I hate decisions and changed to M3 halfway through the year.
M2 and M3 are easier than M1 questions wise but more in depth content wise, S1 is quite easy though M4 is more fun so if you're really into mechanics try that
Good luck!

Original post by RDKGames
Depends what you enjoy more; working with data, or working more with physics style problems.

Original post by fefssdf
S2 can be done quickly and the exam questions are rather predictable :biggrin:

Thank you all :smile: I definitely do enjoy the physics style problems more to be honest, plus the mechanics modules would probably be more favoured for the Natural Sciences courses I am applying for. The support programme I'm doing does not do M4 or I probably would have done so!

Quick Reply

Latest