The Student Room Group

Revision guides and A Levels

During GCSE's I used my revision guides quite a lot, especially for the sciences and maths. I used them more than school notes as I found them more useful and relevant. I was wondering if at A Level they are still as useful. Can you achieve top grades by using them? I am taking chemistry, maths and biology (all edexcel). Thanks!
Definitely. I did maths, chemistry, biology and physics and had revision guides (CGP and some other random ones for OCR) for all the sciences (wouldn't recommend revision guides for maths! They're pretty much a waste of money). I ended up not using my main textbooks at all (unless I needed them in a lesson). So yeah revision guides are pretty great at A Level too - but they sometimes don't have all the information, so watch out! Use them alongside the course specification and, if anything is missing, just look it up in your textbook or online. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by victoria98
Definitely. I did maths, chemistry, biology and physics and had revision guides (CGP and some other random ones for OCR) for all the sciences (wouldn't recommend revision guides for maths! They're pretty much a waste of money). I ended up not using my main textbooks at all (unless I needed them in a lesson). So yeah revision guides are pretty great at A Level too - but they sometimes don't have all the information, so watch out! Use them alongside the course specification and, if anything is missing, just look it up in your textbook or online. Good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much! I will look to invest in some now!

Quick Reply

Latest