The Student Room Group

UKCAT for DENTISTRY 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by skittles17
Thanks! Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool and Sheffield :smile: Only heard acknowledgements, where are you applying from?
Original post by rosh2201
Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool and Sheffield :smile: Only heard acknowledgements, where are you applying from?

We have two the same! I'm applying to Leeds, Liverpool, Bristol and Plymouth - yet to get an acknowledgment from Leeds tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by skittles17
We have two the same! I'm applying to Leeds, Liverpool, Bristol and Plymouth - yet to get an acknowledgment from Leeds tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's acc cool, hopefully we get in :biggrin: I'm applying from Harrow, London wbu?
Original post by rosh2201
That's acc cool, hopefully we get in :biggrin: I'm applying from Harrow, London wbu?

Halifax, West Yorkshire :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys! do you have any advice for the ukcat? i have to take it by october :/
Original post by rameow
hey guys! do you have any advice for the ukcat? i have to take it by october :/

Hi rameow,

The best thing I found was medify. Also some people differ but I only did 4 weeks prep max, because otherwise you run out of preparation material.

You don't ever want to redo any problems you have done before.

Also do it under time restraints.

And get MEDIFY, absolute life saver. Also try and get good at mental maths, skim reading and just google techniques on the ukcat. There is a lot of information out there on youtube.

p.s medify is a must!! :P
Original post by JohnDeMetz
Hi rameow,

The best thing I found was medify. Also some people differ but I only did 4 weeks prep max, because otherwise you run out of preparation material.

You don't ever want to redo any problems you have done before.

Also do it under time restraints.

And get MEDIFY, absolute life saver. Also try and get good at mental maths, skim reading and just google techniques on the ukcat. There is a lot of information out there on youtube.

p.s medify is a must!! :P

thank you so much!!! im checking it out right now and it seems helpful!
No need to pay any money for practice just use the free stuff online. That's all my daughter did about 2/3 weeks before UKCAT.
Original post by redhelen
No need to pay any money for practice just use the free stuff online. That's all my daughter did about 2/3 weeks before UKCAT.

Where as this may be true for your daughter, the vast majority of the population need to familiarize our selves with the lay out the test takes. The ukcat 'offical' test, of which there are only three practices are laggy and for the best part do not represent what the test is like at all.

Books such as the 400 and 600q books are good but far out reach the level tested for in the qr and ar sections. Also decision is not tested any more so 25% of the book is useless.

Medify is cheap and actually very very very very good. I used it and I can tell you now I personally would not be at dental school now without it. Along with a vast majority of people I tutor online or advise on how to succeed at med/dent school applications.

It has a huge past paper bank and emulates the test very well and gives you raw scores that for the most part reflect the actually scores you get in real life very well.

I would say to not get it would put any candidate at a massive disadvantage.

But tbh it totally depends what unis you apply to.
Original post by rameow
thank you so much!!! im checking it out right now and it seems helpful!

No problem my man, If you need any help just pm me, I have ooodles of free time atm :smile:.
oh my, you absolute saint! thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest