The Student Room Group

Gateway to dentistry

I am not sure how many people Bristol's gateway to dentistry course accepts. Does anyone know?
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure it's 5 places
Who has got an interview ....?
Original post by returnmigrant

I received my interview date about a month ago
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant

I have mine in January
i'm on hold , im so scared i dont think i got it :frown:
Original post by HanaKhan12

if you havent heard back from now thats not a good sign
do u have any backups?

Not good news. I just had an interview yesterday with Bristol. I asked them how many more interviews are remaining, and they said they've given then all out already :frown: I would look for a backup just in case...Look into dental nursing ?
Original post by pharmacopeia123
Not good news. I just had an interview yesterday with Bristol. I asked them how many more interviews are remaining, and they said they've given then all out already :frown: I would look for a backup just in case...Look into dental nursing ?

good idea. i got rejected with a high ukcat too i think they prefer if you have a high ukcat above 2500?
Original post by biomedicine
good idea. i got rejected with a high ukcat too i think they prefer if you have a high ukcat above 2500?

Yes, I got 2845 and received an interview so late.
Definitely havent got it then :frown: but nobody got the 6th of Feb interview

have u got a backup?

have u thought about nursing as this is way out of the window for you
Original post by biomedicine
have u thought about nursing as this is way out of the window for you

Imma do biomedical science then dentistry postgraduate
Imma do biomedical science then dentistry postgraduate

biomed is quite competitive too and if you're scared to get into dentistry then biomed will be pretty similar and u need to apply after ur degree and that can be harder so maybe nursing?
So If i dont have the best GCSE grades but good A levels ,is it okay if i do biomed then dentistry postgraduate , do I become a dentist after
Hi i have the exact same problem. my gcse grades aren’t good enough but i’m predicted A’s for a level. so i’m either going to do biomed/biochem and then dentistry postgrad. or i apply for Gateway dentistry at bristol but idk if ill get in. what are your plans now ?
Original post by ghyxxxxxx
So If i dont have the best GCSE grades but good A levels ,is it okay if i do biomed then dentistry postgraduate , do I become a dentist after

Hi i have the exact same problem. my gcse grades aren’t good enough but i’m predicted A’s for a level. so i’m either going to do biomed/biochem and then dentistry postgrad. or i apply for Gateway dentistry at bristol but idk if ill get in. what are your plans now ?
Original post by username3227892
I received my interview date about a month ago

What ucat score did you get?
Original post by eabtahi
I have mine in January

What was your ucat score?

Quick Reply

Latest