Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Havent made any friends

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

i get along with my flatmates but dont really fit in with them and its same with my course mates in my seminar group where quite a few are anti-social, so basically i have no one to hang out with on a regualr basis even though i like to drink, go out and am really into football

Same position as you. Moved to a town where I know no one, thought my flatmates would be in the same position but they all have a couple friends from back home so I felt like a bit of a loner from the beginning. Even though they're all nice, I haven't clicked with any of them. I went out with them a few times and felt out of place.

At my uni classes don't start till October, so I'm hoping I'll make some friends then.

In the meantime all I can say is stay optimistic. Sometimes the people you think you'll never be friends with, actually end up being your friends. And try and be friendly anyway, smile and make small talk so at least people will k ow you're approachable. Also, join clubs and societies, great way to make friends I'm told. And try and keep yourself busy in the meantime like join the gym or something.

Just hang in there, it's early days.

It can take a while to make lasting relationships anywhere but, honestly, the best way to meet like-minded people is through the various clubs and societies. Check out the SUBU website, there are dozens to check out and you don't have to pay the membership fees straight away (if there even is one).

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.