The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Havent made any friends

i get along with my flatmates but dont really fit in with them and its same with my course mates in my seminar group where quite a few are anti-social, so basically i have no one to hang out with on a regualr basis even though i like to drink, go out and am really into football :frown:
Reply 1
Same position as you. Moved to a town where I know no one, thought my flatmates would be in the same position but they all have a couple friends from back home so I felt like a bit of a loner from the beginning. Even though they're all nice, I haven't clicked with any of them. I went out with them a few times and felt out of place.

At my uni classes don't start till October, so I'm hoping I'll make some friends then.

In the meantime all I can say is stay optimistic. Sometimes the people you think you'll never be friends with, actually end up being your friends. And try and be friendly anyway, smile and make small talk so at least people will k ow you're approachable. Also, join clubs and societies, great way to make friends I'm told. And try and keep yourself busy in the meantime like join the gym or something.

Just hang in there, it's early days.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
It can take a while to make lasting relationships anywhere but, honestly, the best way to meet like-minded people is through the various clubs and societies. Check out the SUBU website, there are dozens to check out and you don't have to pay the membership fees straight away (if there even is one).

http://www.subu.org.uk/groups#club-society#all
Reply 3
Original post by stevebcfc
i get along with my flatmates but dont really fit in with them and its same with my course mates in my seminar group where quite a few are anti-social, so basically i have no one to hang out with on a regualr basis even though i like to drink, go out and am really into football :frown:

Hi there!

Have you tried joining any societies? This can be a great way to meet new people with similar interests! Also if you joined a sports team, you would have socials to solve the issue of going out! Also might be worth trying to get more involved with your flat mates as if you go out with them, you may meet people through them that you really get on with!
Here if you need any more suggestions let me know! - Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending