The Student Room Group

physics/natsci personal statement

I have done the whole personal statement thing once before for maths, but have now decided I want to study physics/natsci at uni... unfortunately this is a recent decision and I do not have years of evidence of my passion, nor can I write about a topic of interest. The only thing I can think is to spin it from a love for applied maths - does anyone have any ideas or useful resources to find interesting ideas to write about or any online courses I can take or books I can read to help!!
Hi there,

It would be interesting to know what has inspired this change of course for you...
Is is perhaps you have a job in mind, or maybe you've started a topic at school/college that has really interested you. If either of these things are the case, then there would be plenty to write about! You don't have to have wanted to study a subject all your life to be able to write a strong personal statement, after all, there is a reason you have made this decision. A good starting point might be to write bullet points of what it is about physics and natsci that interest you.

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by CCCU -Rep
Hi there,

It would be interesting to know what has inspired this change of course for you...
Is is perhaps you have a job in mind, or maybe you've started a topic at school/college that has really interested you. If either of these things are the case, then there would be plenty to write about! You don't have to have wanted to study a subject all your life to be able to write a strong personal statement, after all, there is a reason you have made this decision. A good starting point might be to write bullet points of what it is about physics and natsci that interest you.

I hope this helps :smile:

Ah thank you so much! For me, I originally was doing maths and realised I had no interest in pure but LOVE applied, and wanted to know more about what it all means etc... I hated my uni, and when I got home I started flicking through old books/school work and realised how perfectly physics fits that; I spoke to some friends who do physics and they said its a really good balance of maths and actual understanding the workings and I honestly havent been so excited about learning in years!!
Wow, even just explaining that is giving me ideas on points I can write about..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending