The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahcollins58
Does anyone know what time interviews are given out / rejections?

I would think sometime around now/ into december
Original post by Sarahcollins58
Does anyone know what time interviews are given out / rejections?

Interviews not till after the 25th and interviews still get given out as late as march for thoughts on the pre interview reserve list, you will find out if you really on that normally before middle of feb
Original post by setarcos
So how is everyone feeling about the BMAT? :smile: I personally don't know what to expect on results' day :\ Hopefully the cut-off won't increase again this year :biggrin:

Well, I'm not feeling very hopeful, but I'm trying my best to stay positive! It's just that I wouldn't want to get my hopes up and then have them crash down on the 25th! :dry: (I might just also be pleasantly surprised!).
Right now, I'm just taking things as they come. Best of luck to everyone! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by ever so grateful
Well, I'm not feeling very hopeful, but I'm trying my best to stay positive! It's just that I wouldn't want to get my hopes up to then have them crash down on the 25th! :dry: (I might just also be pleasantly surprised!).
Right now, I'm just taking things as they come. Best of luck to everyone! :smile:

no point even thinking about it till after the 25th just smile and wait :smile:
wishing everyone the best too :smile:
how do bsms recieve our bmat results??
Original post by rishi.sekhri
how do bsms recieve our bmat results??

They recieve them directly from the admissions service
Original post by Hotrock1980
They recieve them directly from the admissions service

But how do they know what unis we are applying to??
Original post by rishi.sekhri
But how do they know what unis we are applying to??

When you applied for BMAT you would have been asked to list the BMAT universities you were applying to :smile:
Original post by lightwoXd
When you applied for BMAT you would have been asked to list the BMAT universities you were applying to :smile:

oh ****, i put the wrong one down, ill try and fix it tommorow ahh
thank you!!
Does anyone by how many points contextual data may lower BMAT score required?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicine1303
Does anyone by how many points contextual data may lower BMAT score required?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't really say, if you're flagged for contextual data your application is considered separately.
Original post by marwan_06
Can't really say, if you're flagged for contextual data your application is considered separately.

In some instances wouldn't that mean theres a chance that the BMAT score required may be higher? Lets say all those with contextual data scored highly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In some instances wouldn't that mean theres a chance that the BMAT score required may be higher? Lets say all those with contextual data scored highly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From the website:
Our admissions office will review applications. Qualifying applications which are flagged with contextual data are ranked according to their BMAT results, with the top ranking candidates invited to interview. BSMS aims to offer 30% of its interviews to candidates with contextual data flags. All remaining applications are then ranked according to their BMAT results, with the highest ranking candidates invited to interview.

Therefore there will be two ranking lists - one with CD, then one for everyone
else with CD applicants not reaching threshold in the CD rankings added to list
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BEE-S-M-S
From the website:
Our admissions office will review applications. Qualifying applications which are flagged with contextual data are ranked according to their BMAT results, with the top ranking candidates invited to interview. BSMS aims to offer 30% of its interviews to candidates with contextual data flags. All remaining applications are then ranked according to their BMAT results, with the highest ranking candidates invited to interview.

Therefore there will be two ranking lists - one with CD, then one for everyone
else with CD applicants not reaching threshold in the CD rankings added to list

Thank you! Xo

Super nervous for tomorrow now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally found a discussion for BSMS. It's my first choice, like getting in would mean the world to me. I also applied to Brighton for Biomed and got an offer (Spoiler: I'm from Birmingham) but I'm dreading tomorrow... I did pretty pants on the UKCAT and I'm hoping I've done better on the BMAT :'(
Original post by hxrl3yB00
Finally found a discussion for BSMS. It's my first choice, like getting in would mean the world to me. I also applied to Brighton for Biomed and got an offer (Spoiler: I'm from Birmingham) but I'm dreading tomorrow... I did pretty pants on the UKCAT and I'm hoping I've done better on the BMAT :'(

It's my first choice too:smile:
According to Medify/Medic portal (can't remember which), BSMS starts handing out interviews in January - so quite a long wait.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
According to Medify/Medic portal (can't remember which), BSMS starts handing out interviews in January - so quite a long wait.

Last year they started around mid December before Xmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year they started around mid December before Xmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see - so not quite as long, but still a bit of a wait.
What did everyone get?

Latest

Trending

Trending