The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

BA economics with these predictions ?

My son really wants this course but entry grades say ABB, his predictions are ABC in Economics, History and Maths. Is he likely to stand a chance and if he does get an offer, do you think they will accept a grade lower if that is what he obtains? Many thanks
Original post by Mumofson
My son really wants this course but entry grades say ABB, his predictions are ABC in Economics, History and Maths. Is he likely to stand a chance and if he does get an offer, do you think they will accept a grade lower if that is what he obtains? Many thanks

Hi,

I would say to definetly apply to Reading. The university doesn't just look at grades but also at your personal statement, passion for the course, references and any relevant work experience! If Reading likes the look of your personal statement and UCAS application then there is a high chance he will receive an offer, he may even get offered a place with lower grades requirements - so he has just as much chance as everyone else.
If he doesn't achieve the grades he wants on results day then the university may still accept him with the lower grades, or there may be a chance though clearing. Remember that there is no cap on the number of students that universities can take in anymore, so more students are receiving offers from universities each year.

I hope this helped, feel free to ask anymore questions,
Amelia, third year student studying Archaeology and History.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniofReading
Hi,

I would say to definetly apply to Reading. The university doesn't just look at grades but also at your personal statement, passion for the course, references and any relevant work experience! If Reading likes the look of your personal statement and UCAS application then there is a high chance he will receive an offer, he may even get offered a place with lower grades requirements - so he has just as much chance as everyone else.
If he doesn't achieve the grades he wants on results day then the university may still accept him with the lower grades, or there may be a chance though clearing. Remember that there is no cap on the number of students that universities can take in anymore, so more students are receiving offers from universities each year.

I hope this helped, feel free to ask anymore questions,
Amelia, third year student studying Archaeology and History.

Many thanks, that's encouraging , he still hasn't found any course he likes better than here, so here's hoping.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending