The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Do I have a shot at applying to UCL/KCL for Economics?

Hi, I want to do Economics at Uni and I really want to do it at UCL because I like the uni and their course outline. I am in Y12
My iGCSE grades were:
Maths/EngLang = 8
Chem/Physics = 7
Bio/EngLit = 6
Spanish/RS/CompSci = 5

I am currently doing Economics, Maths and Chemistry for A Levels
I am predicted a A* in Maths and A in Economics and B in Chemistry. I am working harder in chemistry.

Do you think I have a chance to do Economics at UCL? And can you give any other universities that I can look at to apply to
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I want to do Economics at Uni and I really want to do it at UCL because I like the uni and their course outline. I am in Y12
My iGCSE grades were:
Maths/EngLang = 8
Chem/Physics = 7
Bio/EngLit = 6
Spanish/RS/CompSci = 5

I am predicted a A* in Maths and A in Economics and B in Chemistry. I am working harder in chemistry.

Do you think I have a chance to do Economics at UCL? And can you give any other universities that I can look at to apply to

Can't comment on whether you have a chance to do it at UCL

Unis of similar calibre include:

Cambridge

Durham

Warwick

LSE - very difficult to get in and no interview in application process

St Andrews

Bath

Edinburgh

Nottingham

Bristol

Oxford does do a joint Economics with Management degree.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
My iGCSE grades were:
Maths/EngLang = 8
Chem/Physics = 7
Bio/EngLit = 6
Spanish/RS/CompSci = 5

check if you match their contextual offers! if you do - then go for it! you have an a* in maths which is perfect (Economics BSc (Econ) | Prospective Students Undergraduate - UCL University College London)

ucl contextual: Access UCL Scheme | Prospective Students Undergraduate - UCL University College London
kcl contextual: What is contextualised admissions? - King's College London (kcl.ac.uk)

other unis:
york - Economics (BSc) - Undergraduate, University of York
sheffield - Economics BSc | Undergraduate study | The University of Sheffield and Economics BA | Undergraduate study | The University of Sheffield
exeter - Economics BSc | Undergraduate Study | University of Exeter

good luck :smile:!
(edited 3 months ago)
Definitely not a chance at UCL, They care about GCSEs and the average offer holder has 3.8 A*s predicted as of last yr. With your grades I recommend aiming way lower. GOOD LUCK !!!! :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending