The Student Room Group

Economics or Economics and finance?

I can't decide between the two... however if I did Economics Id do BA as I don't have maths a level, and id do BSc Economics and Finance (at Manchester im thinking) - is one of the two more valued or better? as I sometimes hear a pure economics degree is 'better'. I am perhaps looking to go into finance or accounting after
Reply 1
Pretty sure what's more important is the uni you'd go to especially for this course. What unis are you considering for both? What grades do you think you'll be predicted?
Reply 2
Original post by tsr2411
Pretty sure what's more important is the uni you'd go to especially for this course. What unis are you considering for both? What grades do you think you'll be predicted?

i think manchester for both of them
ive been predicted 3A*s but maths isn’t one of them,
economics geography and french- not sure if theyd all be respected in this field or if it doesn’t matter? as long as i do BA not BSc maths isn’t required, perhaps just preferred
Reply 3
Original post by user93_
i think manchester for both of them
ive been predicted 3A*s but maths isn’t one of them,
economics geography and french- not sure if theyd all be respected in this field or if it doesn’t matter? as long as i do BA not BSc maths isn’t required, perhaps just preferred

I would go for Economics and Finance if the course interests you more. For finance careers, the degree you do isn't as important but the BSc probably indicate the econ modules are more mmathematical than the BA. Does either have subject requirements?

You could be interested PPE at Warwick - doesn't require maths, can focus more on econ if you want and sets you up perfectly for accounting and finance roles too. Just a thought if you're looking for other top unis to apply to! You're also way above the required grades so would likely get an offer. (A*AA)
Reply 4
Original post by tsr2411
I would go for Economics and Finance if the course interests you more. For finance careers, the degree you do isn't as important but the BSc probably indicate the econ modules are more mmathematical than the BA. Does either have subject requirements?

You could be interested PPE at Warwick - doesn't require maths, can focus more on econ if you want and sets you up perfectly for accounting and finance roles too. Just a thought if you're looking for other top unis to apply to! You're also way above the required grades so would likely get an offer. (A*AA)

Or economics and French at Warwick?
Reply 5
Original post by tsr2411

yeah i think you’re right, most likely will go for economics and finance! yeah they just have the traditional academic subjects listed as preferred i’m sure , which is fine, but no actual requirements
oh yes i’ll have a look, i discounted warwick as i only checked their economics requirements but that’s def a consideration now thank u!! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by user93_
yeah i think you’re right, most likely will go for economics and finance! yeah they just have the traditional academic subjects listed as preferred i’m sure , which is fine, but no actual requirements
oh yes i’ll have a look, i discounted warwick as i only checked their economics requirements but that’s def a consideration now thank u!! :smile:

No problem you should definitely consider Warwick with your grades and Manchester. Best of luck !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending