The Student Room Group

British universities vs Dutch universities

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by wolfmoon88
I am also applying to Dutch universities and English universities, for the sciences. Granted I am a non-EU international student so money is less of a concern for me because my parents will probably have to pay approximately the same amount whereever I choose to go. (Other than in America because education there is way too expensive) I believe you should follow what your heart whatever decision you make. But like the people who said this above, graduating in debt is not really ideal and enjoying EU membership while it lasts is a wonderful thing. :smile:

:smile: According to what I know, generally Dutch tuition fees are one-fifth of its British counterparts for EU/EEA students, and one-third for non-EU students. Besides, both have various scholarships for international students.
Original post by Iuris
:smile: According to what I know, generally Dutch tuition fees are one-fifth of its British counterparts for EU/EEA students, and one-third for non-EU students. Besides, both have various scholarships for international students.

That's true :tongue:, might have to reconsider my choices not to apply again.
Reply 262
That's true :tongue:, might have to reconsider my choices not to apply again.

Well, the deadline for most Bachelor programmes is 1 April, so you still have a chance. :wink:

May I know that, which subject do you plan to study? For example, Leiden University is an excellent choice if you are a fan of archaeology and history; while if you’d like to study social sciences, then University of Amsterdam is for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Iuris
Well, the deadline for most Bachelor programmes is 1 April, so you still have a chance. :wink:

May I know that, which subject do you plan to study? For example, Leiden University is an excellent choice if you are a fan of archaeology and history; while if you’d like to study social sciences, then University of Amsterdam is for you.

Liberal Arts and Sciences mostly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I suddenly don't know what is happening with my application?? A few days ago I had only two fields left to fill and then submit my application, but now there are 30+ fields more for each department?? I am applying only for literary analysis what is this?!
Send help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarthaG_
Guys I suddenly don't know what is happening with my application?? A few days ago I had only two fields left to fill and then submit my application, but now there are 30+ fields more for each department?? I am applying only for literary analysis what is this?!
Send help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you leave out those 2 fields and close your internet window?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Did you leave out those 2 fields and close your internet window?

OMG I don't remember 😭 I just had to upload the C.V And the motivational letter and then it was done and now there are all these fields for each department (psychology, maths, science..) and more questions that weren't here before? What is happening? Do you know who should I contact?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarthaG_
OMG I don't remember 😭 I just had to upload the C.V And the motivational letter and then it was done and now there are all these fields for each department (psychology, maths, science..) and more questions that weren't here before? What is happening? Do you know who should I contact?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contact the admissions department/student enquiries.
Reply 268
Liberal Arts and Sciences mostly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just saw this post again. :biggrin:

Regarding Liberal Arts Colleges in Europe, Amsterdam University College and Leiden University College The Hague are among the best choices!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Iuris
Just saw this post again. :biggrin:

Regarding Liberal Arts Colleges in Europe, Amsterdam University College and Leiden University College The Hague are among the best choices!

Hahaha yeah was going to apply to both but got into my UK choices so kinda cba to write the essays :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending