The Student Room Group

Which Uni is better for Property Development?

I'm currently looking at my applications for Uni, I have been looking at Portsmouth, Derby and UWE Bristol as my top three options, but I haven't yet had a chance to speak to anyone actually doing a property development degree and was wondering if anyone had any reviews and tips about these universities and the respective property development courses...?
Reply 1
Hello there Bambie29,

I am currently in my Second Year studying Property Development at the University of Portsmouth. Not only is the course RICS accredited, but it offers an opportunity for a year-out placement between your second and third year, in order to enhance your skills within the Property industry! The teaching staff at the University are very supportive throughout each topic you undertake per year in Property Development, shown through the fact you can contact them during working hours in person or by email (Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm) plus even at the weekends as well via email! You will be assigned a personal tutor that will be your first call if you have any problems within the course!

Not only is the course fantastic, but the fact it's future-minded, in terms of preparing each student to progress in a career down one of the three main RICS-accredited routes (Land, Property or Construction) in order to become a Chartered Surveyor. Even if you don't want to become a Chartered Surveyor, it prepares you for a job within the Property world!

Portsmouth itself is a vibrant city, full of things to do and pubs and clubs to drink at! All the students I've personally met are friendly people, who are easy to get along with! I would advise to strongly consider Portsmouth as an option for your University choice and if you're still unsure nearer to the UCAS deadline, then come and visit the University at any point, or call the University if you have any questions!

I hope this helps your decision! Good luck with your exams!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending