The Student Room Group

Is Critical Thinking an applied A level?

The university (Trinity College Dublin) state, "Acceptable subjects:
„ Applied A-level, Vocational Advanced Subsidiary, Vocational
A-level, National Vocational and Key Skills qualifications are not accepted for minimum entry requirements or scoring purposes.
„ GCSE/Advanced GCE (A-level) subjects set by recognised examination boards are, in principle, acceptable for consideration with the following exceptions:
‚ Physical Education, General Studies and Media Studies are
not acceptable."

I currently do 3 Levels, and have an 4th AS in Critical thinking. Does this uni statement suggest that critical thinking is in fact acceptable?
Thanks, Amelia
Original post by Amelia488
The university (Trinity College Dublin) state, "Acceptable subjects:
„ Applied A-level, Vocational Advanced Subsidiary, Vocational
A-level, National Vocational and Key Skills qualifications are not accepted for minimum entry requirements or scoring purposes.
„ GCSE/Advanced GCE (A-level) subjects set by recognised examination boards are, in principle, acceptable for consideration with the following exceptions:
‚ Physical Education, General Studies and Media Studies are
not acceptable."

I currently do 3 Levels, and have an 4th AS in Critical thinking. Does this uni statement suggest that critical thinking is in fact acceptable?
Thanks, Amelia

Whether it's applied or not, I'm not sure, but that list suggests to be that they've either overlooked critical thinking or it does indeed count. You'd think it wouldn't though (as in, I think it's excluded for some other unis for some subjects) but admissions should have an email that you can ask for them to clarify :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Whether it's applied or not, I'm not sure, but that list suggests to be that they've either overlooked critical thinking or it does indeed count. You'd think it wouldn't though (as in, I think it's excluded for some other unis for some subjects) but admissions should have an email that you can ask for them to clarify :smile:

Good luck!

Thank you. I hope they have overlooked it lol

Quick Reply

Latest