The Student Room Group

TSA Outcomes Thread

TSA results are coming out soon :smile:

Let us know your
Score: (Section 1- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving)
Course:
Interview: Yes/No
Offer: Yes/No
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Score
Section 1-Problem Solving:73
Section 1-Critical Thinking:76,3
Section 1-Overall Score:74,3
Section 2-Essay:N/A
Course:PPE
Interview:No
Offer:No

Didn't log in since the rejection came because I didn't want to be another one who is like "I did so well on the TSA, I don't know why would they reject me." and then it turns out they did terrible. That's why I wanted to came with my score.
Score: Problem Solving: 65, Critical Thinking: 95.9, Overall: 72.9
Course: PPE
Interview: Yes
Offer: No
Original post by OverseasPPEApp
Score
Section 1-Problem Solving:73
Section 1-Critical Thinking:76,3
Section 1-Overall Score:74,3
Course:PPE
Interview:No
Offer:No

Didn't log in since the rejection came because I didn't want to be another one who is like "I did so well on the TSA, I don't know why would they reject me." and then it turns out they did terrible. That's why I wanted to came with my score.

That was a really good score, that is very harsh of them to not give you an interview :/
Original post by JMR2019.
That was a really good score, that is very harsh of them to not give you an interview :/

Maybe it was, but they can't interview everyone and there probably was something about me that made them think that I won't be able to keep up with the course or that I wouldn't even go. And maybe they were right, I'm not complaining. They don't owe my anything. I'm just glad I did well, because I really wanted to. Not to get an interview, but to test myself.
Maybe it was, but they can't interview everyone and there probably was something about me that made them think that I won't be able to keep up with the course or that I wouldn't even go. And maybe they were right, I'm not complaining. They don't owe my anything. I'm just glad I did well, because I really wanted to. Not to get an interview, but to test myself.

Don’t worry, I think the thresholds were higher this year, although they said 71+ were likely to get an interview. You should contact them to ask.
I know they’re not as good as all yours but:

Overall: 68.1
Problem-solving: 70.9
Critical thinking: 64.8
Course: Chemistry
Offer: No :frown:

They only really use it for candidates who they really wouldn’t consider for chem... but it’s nice to have an above average score for the subject
Original post by bookloverlolly
I know they’re not as good as all yours but:

Overall: 68.1
Problem-solving: 70.9
Critical thinking: 64.8
Offer: No :frown:

They only really use it for candidates who they really wouldn’t consider for chem... but it’s nice to have an above average score for the subject

That’s not bad at all- congrats, I don’t know if it means much for us though :frown:
Reply 8
Oh. Oh wow.

TSA Overall: 89
Critical Thinking: 88.6
Problem Solving: 89.2

Course: PPE at Merton
Shortlisted: Yes
Accepted: Yes

???????????????????

I am aware based on the statistics releases by Merton that applicants did WAY better this year, especially Singaporeans. Didn't know I contributed...
Don’t worry, I think the thresholds were higher this year, although they said 71+ were likely to get an interview. You should contact them to ask.

I don't think the threshold can be higher or lower though? When the tests get easier, you need more correct answers to get 70. It's done using Rasch statistical technique. I might contact them. We can ask for feedback now, when the offers have been sent, right?
I don't think the threshold can be higher or lower though? When the tests get easier, you need more correct answers to get 70. It's done using Rasch statistical technique. I might contact them. We can ask for feedback now, when the offers have been sent, right?

I mean in previous years you needed 66+ or so for interview. This year it was 71+.
I mean in previous years you needed 66+ or so for interview. This year it was 71+.

Any source on that? Not that I doubt you, I just want to read about it.
Any source on that? Not that I doubt you, I just want to read about it.

http://www.keble.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/subjects/past-feedback/ppe-2018/

“Candidates who score well in the TSA (above 71.7 this year) and had good exam results and references were likely to be asked for interview. Candidates who scored between 71.6.5 and 69.2 may have been invited for interview. Candidates scoring below 69.1 will only have been invited for interview with special consideration of other factors.”

People are starting to do better at the TSA methinks.
http://www.keble.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/subjects/past-feedback/ppe-2018/

“Candidates who score well in the TSA (above 71.7 this year) and had good exam results and references were likely to be asked for interview. Candidates who scored between 71.6.5 and 69.2 may have been invited for interview. Candidates scoring below 69.1 will only have been invited for interview with special consideration of other factors.”

People are starting to do better at the TSA methinks.

Interesting. It jumped from 66.5(I think) last year.
Interesting. It jumped from 66.5(I think) last year.

Yup- gonna have to focus more on this if I’m going to apply next year.
Yup- gonna have to focus more on this if I’m going to apply next year.

So you're reapplying? If I were to give you an advice(even though you got further than I did), I would focus on improving the problem solving score. I heard they care more about it in PPE than the critical thinking one. And your critical thinking score is stellar anyways.
So you're reapplying? If I were to give you an advice(even though you got further than I did), I would focus on improving the problem solving score. I heard they care more about it in PPE than the critical thinking one. And your critical thinking score is stellar anyways.

Dependent on my A level results. Idk how to improve the TSA score though, it’s something that is difficult to revise :/ I’ll try though, of course.
Dependent on my A level results. Idk how to improve the TSA score though, it’s something that is difficult to revise :/ I’ll try though, of course.

When it comes to problem solving you can develop some patterns for the questions that are similar every year. This alone made me go from 61 on my first mock TSA to 74,3 on the real one.
When it comes to problem solving you can develop some patterns for the questions that are similar every year. This alone made me go from 61 on my first mock TSA to 74,3 on the real one.

Yup- thanks for the advice, hope you stick around on TSR :smile:
Score
Section 1-Problem Solving: 96.
Section 1-Critical Thinking: 88.6
Section 1-Overall Score: 93.5
Offer: Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending