The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official Glasgow University offer holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Econhopeful17
Congratulations!! 🎉🙌🏻

Likewise! Well done
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Location EU (Hungary)
Course: History/Art History
Predicted grades: 36 IB points
Offer: 665 on HL including English and a Humanities/Language subject
Haven't gotten an offer yet, starting to get a bit worried!!! l applied in October and still nothing :frown:

Name: Gail
Course: English Literature/French
Grades: AAABC
Currently studying: AH English, AH French, H Music, Languages Baccalaureate
Has anyone else had an offer for History/Sociology or just one or the other?
I can't seem to find anyone else who has recieved an offer! Glasgow is pretty much going to be my firm so I'm dying to hear from other people in my boat! :smile:
Hi guys, can someone possibly explain to me how fulfilling offers exactly works?
I received an offer from Glasgow in October, but this question arose only recently in my mind.
I'm an EU student. My offer says that I need to pass my national examination at a minimum of 5 (the highest grade) overall with 2 humanities subjects at 5. However, does that mean that I need to pass exactly the subjects which I stated I would take in my UCAS application or can I take any subjects as long as they meet the offer of an overall average of 5 and 2 humanities subjects at 5? Thanks.
Just got an offer, I'm so excited :smile: probably my first choice!

Course: Molecular and Cellular Biology w/ Biochemistry
Predicted: 1, 1, 1, 1
Offer: 1, 1, 1, 1
Reply 186
Congratulations to everyone!! Hope everyone gets their first choice:h:

Location- Scotland
Subjects- AH Biology, AH Chemistry, Higher physics
Course- Zoology
Offer- unconditional

Just accepted my offer - I can't wait!
Subjects: Scinctific baccaloreat :colone:arth science, physics and chemistry, french, maths, english spanish italian history geography, music, philosophy
Course: environmental sceince and sustainability
Offer: conditional 16/20

Anyone else got an offer for that course ?
On Monday my application was rejected. After sending them a query about it I got a Track update saying they were giving me an offer after all! :biggrin:

Subjects: HNC Applied Sciences / Higher Human Biology
Course: Marine and Freshwater Biology
Offer: Pass HNC Applied Sciences with an A in Graded Unit / B in Higher Human Biology / Pass at the University Summer School
Original post by sinfonietta
On Monday my application was rejected. After sending them a query about it I got a Track update saying they were giving me an offer after all! :biggrin:

Subjects: HNC Applied Sciences / Higher Human Biology
Course: Marine and Freshwater Biology
Offer: Pass HNC Applied Sciences with an A in Graded Unit / B in Higher Human Biology / Pass at the University Summer School

They rejected you on UCAS and upon emailing they said 'oh woops nvm, here's an offer'? That's either a huge bunch of luck or the uni derped out big time on ucas.

Either way, congratulations! Best of luck with your exams and the summer school.
Original post by Caius Filimon
They rejected you on UCAS and upon emailing they said 'oh woops nvm, here's an offer'? That's either a huge bunch of luck or the uni derped out big time on ucas.

Either way, congratulations! Best of luck with your exams and the summer school.

I was rejected due to "not meeting the academic requirements". But after an hour of scouring their website and subsequent .pdfs couldn't work out what I was missing so queried it. My theory is they somehow overlooked that I'm doing a Higher in addition to a HNC as it's not the norm to do both in one year.

Thank you!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Peet79
Just got an offer, I'm so excited :smile: probably my first choice!

Course: Molecular and Cellular Biology w/ Biochemistry
Predicted: 1, 1, 1, 1
Offer: 1, 1, 1, 1

Hello! I'm from Austria. I'm guessing we have the same grading system (1-5?). Do you only have 4 subjects? We take the Matura in 6 subjects. Just curious :smile:
Course: Mechanical Engineering MEng
Subjects: HNC Mechanical Engineering
Offer: Conditional (A in Graded unit with an A in all unit assessments).

Anyone else doing Engineering?
Got an unconditional offer for nursing! Anyone else?
I haven't seen any rejections from Glasgow, is this an easy uni to get an offer too? I ask as no one I knew last year (even with poor grades) didn't get an offer...
Original post by Econhopeful17
I haven't seen any rejections from Glasgow, is this an easy uni to get an offer too? I ask as no one I knew last year (even with poor grades) didn't get an offer...

Most people I know don't even bother to apply because they know they aren't good enough. I got rejected initially and had to send an email with evidence that contradicted their reasoning before they changed it to an offer! :tongue:
They're "holding" my application till after the deadline as I meet minimum but not typical entry requirements. They emailed me last Thursday, like a month after the deadline now aha. :colonhash:
Still they're the first ones to tell me what is going on so I'm glad they said. :smile:
No other university have told me anything at all.
It's good to know they haven't all out rejected me but the wait is so frustrating!
Original post by sinfonietta
Most people I know don't even bother to apply because they know they aren't good enough. I got rejected initially and had to send an email with evidence that contradicted their reasoning before they changed it to an offer! :tongue:

Same with me! I'm literally the only person I know with an offer from Glasgow for Law, but that's because everyone else applying for Law just didn't bother applying!
I
Original post by Shadow Hunters
They're "holding" my application till after the deadline as I meet minimum but not typical entry requirements. They emailed me last Thursday, like a month after the deadline now aha. :colonhash:
Still they're the first ones to tell me what is going on so I'm glad they said. :smile:
No other university have told me anything at all.
It's good to know they haven't all out rejected me but the wait is so frustrating!

I haven't heard anything, would love an e-mail like that, but I am really expecting a rejection. :redface:
Original post by historicallytes
I

I haven't heard anything, would love an e-mail like that, but I am really expecting a rejection. :redface:

I am glad they are keeping me updated but it does mean I have to wait longer for a reply. :redface:
I am in a similar position tbh, not sure what to expect but you should have more confidence in yourself! It is a good sign that neither of us know yet because it means they are considering us. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending