The Student Room Group

Does the uni you go to matter for law?

Which Scotland uni’s are best for law? I’ve got offers to Strathclyde and Glasgow Cali which one is better?
Reply 1
Strathclyde out of those two.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Strathclyde out of those two.

Why’s that? Is Glasgow cali not good?
Reply 3
It looks like the degree isn’t accredited for SRA but it is accredited for the law society of Scotland will this be a problem??
Original post by Katie566
Which Scotland uni’s are best for law? I’ve got offers to Strathclyde and Glasgow Cali which one is better?

Hey @Katie566 :biggrin: Big congrats on receiving your offers!! :smile:

Have you been able to visit applicant events at both universities? This can be really good to give you a 'feel' for the campus, and lets you imagine yourself as a student there. If you've not been back to the unis as an offer holder (either to an applicant event or to take something like a campus tour) I'd really recommend you try to squeeze in some time to do so - as you're looking at the uni in a different way than before! Visit the unis and ask lots of questions :yes: One of my biggest pieces of advice is to think about your priorities and what you're looking for in a university - and then do your research to work out how we fit in with what you're expecting.

Ultimately to answer your question about how much it matters - if you'd like to become a lawyer in Scotland, you'll study the LLB and then complete your diploma and traineeship. You should go to a university that you want to study your undergraduate programme at so that you are appropriately qualified to get to the next step :smile: You'll likely have already researched this but our colleagues in the Law School put together a really useful resource for the route to qualifying here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/law/howtobecomealawyer/.

We have a large and popular Law School here at Strathclyde with lots of great things to enhance your student experience- such as joining Law sociteties (they're a 'gold' society in the Union), participating in the Law Clinic and studying abroad too. Some of our student ambassadors have been Law students and I've always heard them speak really highly about the degree and it's teaching too!

Hope some of that has helped a bit but please do feel free to drop me a message if you've any other questions!

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending