The Student Room Group

Glasgow Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Glasgow Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone applying to Glasgow pls dm me would like to discuss potential prep
Hey, How did results day go for everyone? Is anybody appealing their grades?
Can I apply to Glasgow with ucat score 2730 SJL band 3!
Reply 4
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me out!
Just did my UCAT with a score of 2350 - a very low ucat score. Even though I was achieving over 2600 on medify.
My GCSEs are pretty solid with having 9s and 2 8s.
I'm not sure where to apply.
I have done a bit of research for university options that don't prioritize the UCAT as much.
Eg. Cardiff
Plymouth
Birmingham
Liverpool
I just want an opinion if I should apply to Glasgow. Their ucat cut-off score last year was around 2500. Would it be a good idea or is it too risky?
Had anybody hear back from appealing their grade?
Original post by driti1
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me out!
Just did my UCAT with a score of 2350 - a very low ucat score. Even though I was achieving over 2600 on medify.
My GCSEs are pretty solid with having 9s and 2 8s.
I'm not sure where to apply.
I have done a bit of research for university options that don't prioritize the UCAT as much.
Eg. Cardiff
Plymouth
Birmingham
Liverpool
I just want an opinion if I should apply to Glasgow. Their ucat cut-off score last year was around 2500. Would it be a good idea or is it too risky?

Sorry to hear about your score, it's still quite competitive though so no need to worry. Anyways I just had to point out that Cardiff is unlikely to favorably look on your UCAT grade, due to the grade inflation in recent years they are likely going to pay a little more attention to the UCAT that usual, furthurmore from what I can see their average scores stand at about 2600-2700s so I would hold off applying there. Ultimately still up to you but that's just what I've found from my research.

Not entirely sure about typical glasgow stats but if you apply as a scottish student a score like that could be fine, they have lower thresholds for scottish students than RUK
Reply 7
2021 Entry cut off for BDS dentistry Glasgow was 2530, would applying with 2540 be pushing it? From what I've seen Glasgow cut off is typically 2500 with 2530 being highest cut off in last six years and 2470 being lowest cut off in last six years. Thoughts?
Original post by Gamer.
2021 Entry cut off for BDS dentistry Glasgow was 2530, would applying with 2540 be pushing it? From what I've seen Glasgow cut off is typically 2500 with 2530 being highest cut off in last six years and 2470 being lowest cut off in last six years. Thoughts?

I would apply. With a UCAT score that low you will have to apply very strategically. Technically you have a higher score than the previous cut offs.

On a different note, I was just checking out Glasgow's interview to offer ratio and it's nearly 50%. Surely that's too good to be true?
Original post by dejectedreject
I would apply. With a UCAT score that low you will have to apply very strategically. Technically you have a higher score than the previous cut offs.

On a different note, I was just checking out Glasgow's interview to offer ratio and it's nearly 50%. Surely that's too good to be true?

Probs too good to be true, but we don't know about this year cuz they didn't admit anyone in 2022 and also maybe 2021. I'm gonna risk it and apply with a 2760 B2 and achieved grades of 4xA*

From my research there's a 65% chance of receiving an offer if you've gotten an interview. I think it's really high - the only one as high I've seen is Bristol.
Original post by Gamer.
From my research there's a 65% chance of receiving an offer if you've gotten an interview. I think it's really high - the only one as high I've seen is Bristol.

Do you know if this figure correlates with Bristol international students?
Original post by Ionomer
Do you know if this figure correlates with Bristol international students?

I don't think there are statistics for international students out. You could always try asking through FOI but majority of universities assess international students differently with higher UCAT cut offs and a lower offer to interview ratio.
Reply 13
Is Glasgow offering all their spaces this year because i heard it was only 50% last year ?
Original post by a_04
Is Glasgow offering all their spaces this year because i heard it was only 50% last year ?

I spoke to admissions, they are back to normal.
Original post by a_04

I emailed and they said they still don't know yet as the Scottish funding council still hasn't decided
Reply 16
Original post by patpatpong
I emailed and they said they still don't know yet as the Scottish funding council still hasn't decided

ok thank you so im assuming it would be the same for dundee too ?
Original post by a_04
ok thank you so im assuming it would be the same for dundee too ?

Yup, gotta wait till SFC decides how many RUK spots they wanna fund. Whats ur Ucat score n stats tho
Reply 18
I spoke to admissions, they are back to normal.

ok thank you
Reply 19
Original post by patpatpong
Yup, gotta wait till SFC decides how many RUK spots they wanna fund. Whats ur Ucat score n stats tho

2680 band 1
AAA achieved
Im taking a gap year rn
WHat r ur stats ?

Quick Reply

Latest