The Student Room Group

Official: University of Glasgow A100 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders thread

Welcome to the University of Glasgow A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/medicine/

For entry requirements click:
https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/medicine/#/a-levels

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What UCAT score is everyone applying with?
Hi- do you think a UCAT score of 2800, SJT band 2 would be risky for Glasgow for a RUK student?
Reply 3
Original post by everythingbagel
Hi- do you think a UCAT score of 2800, SJT band 2 would be risky for Glasgow for a RUK student?

It would not have made the cut off for the last 2 years
Original post by GANFYD
It would not have made the cut off for the last 2 years

I'd rather not risk it then- thank you for the advice!
Reply 5
Original post by JonnyTM
What UCAT score is everyone applying with?

Reply 6
2730 Home Student
(edited 1 year ago)
Is it a bad idea to apply to Glasgow as an English student? I'm a gap year student so trying to apply more strategically this time but I really like the sound of Glasgow. My UCAT is 2950 band 1 but are Scottish students prioritised post-interview?
Reply 8
Original post by medrejectlol
Is it a bad idea to apply to Glasgow as an English student? I'm a gap year student so trying to apply more strategically this time but I really like the sound of Glasgow. My UCAT is 2950 band 1 but are Scottish students prioritised post-interview?

Congratulations on your score, that's some graft! I believe there is a set quota that should/must be met in regard to how many Scottish domicile student should be taken in. Pre-interview it is easier for Scottish students for sure. Post-interview I'm not so sure. What I will say is success rate for Scottish students at the interview stage is about 58% at interview. For RUK it seems to be a 45% success rate give or take a few percent.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by JonnyTM
I thi

Congratulations on your score, that's some graft! I believe there is a set quota that should/must be met in regard to how many Scottish domicile student should be taken in. Pre-interview it is easier for Scottish students for sure. Post-interview I'm not so sure. What I will say is success rate for Scottish students at the interview stage is about 58% at interview. For RUK it seems to be a 45% success rate give or take a few percent.

Okay, thank you!
As an RUK student is it too risky to apply to glasgow with 2900 band 1? Thanks
Reply 11
Does anyone have any information on whether or not Glasgow consider widening participation for those who are looking to do medicine as a second degree? I know Edinburgh don't consider wp for graduate applicants and I'm struggling to find out whether Glasgow take the same approach.
Does anyone know the Scottish student cut off for ucat this year? Or maybe what it was last year?
Original post by abh197
Does anyone have any information on whether or not Glasgow consider widening participation for those who are looking to do medicine as a second degree? I know Edinburgh don't consider wp for graduate applicants and I'm struggling to find out whether Glasgow take the same approach.

I can’t help with your specific question but I also struggled to find wp information on their website. I have emailed them..although they didn’t reply last time!
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
is 2690 b2 too risky for a home student?
Does glasgow put much emphasis on the personal statement or do they just check to see that it's satisfactory?
Hi, do you think UCAT cut off could rise from 2850 this year following the final UCAT results and 2880 being 9th decile? I have a score of 2910 B1 and starting to feel it might be a bit risky. Any thoughts?
Original post by orlaquinn03
Hi, do you think UCAT cut off could rise from 2850 this year following the final UCAT results and 2880 being 9th decile? I have a score of 2910 B1 and starting to feel it might be a bit risky. Any thoughts?

Possibly, may rise by 20-80, but there’s a chance of that happening every year. There’s always a risk when applying for medicine.
2730 Band 3, scottish student, do you think that’s risky?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending