The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official Glasgow University offer holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben Gee
Can someone send me a message about the FB chat/group as well?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/412195282513168?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Course: Informatics
Predicted: AAB
Offer: AAB

I've been wondering for a long time but can someone tell me the difference between Computing science and Informatics. I decided that Informatics was more appropriate for me after reading the descriptions for both courses but now I'm not so sure 😣 There shouldn't be a big difference but it's stressing me out
Reply 382
Original post by lauuu19
Hi! I got an offer for Business and Management with Politics, at AAB. What about you? Are you studying business a level btw?

Hey. I got an offer for Business and Management (SocSci). And no, I'm doing the IB. Are you firming? I'm curious because I've read many "bad" things about the Business course and just wondering what you think of it lol
I'll be studying Computing Science (starting from a foundation year) but will progress to the 2nd year afterwards so not really wasting any time :smile:
Anyone got an offer for Bsc Neuroscience ? :smile:
Original post by afcde
Hey. I got an offer for Business and Management (SocSci). And no, I'm doing the IB. Are you firming? I'm curious because I've read many "bad" things about the Business course and just wondering what you think of it lol

Yeah, I´m going to firm Glasgow. I also have an offer from Aberdeen, but I went to visit both unis and I loved Glasgow and the courses, way more than Aberdeen. I have read some things about Business, some of them bad and some good but overall I think its not bad. It has relatively high stats in unistats, and when looking at the programme and talking about people from the course, I think that it may have some faults but that its overall good. Also, the uni has great connections with so many opportunities of meeting employers, internships and travelling abroad that i think its worth any faults there may be, specially as most courses in other unis will also have some issues. I´m more worried about getting the grades to get in lol
Reply 386
Original post by lauuu19
Yeah, I´m going to firm Glasgow. I also have an offer from Aberdeen, but I went to visit both unis and I loved Glasgow and the courses, way more than Aberdeen. I have read some things about Business, some of them bad and some good but overall I think its not bad. It has relatively high stats in unistats, and when looking at the programme and talking about people from the course, I think that it may have some faults but that its overall good. Also, the uni has great connections with so many opportunities of meeting employers, internships and travelling abroad that i think its worth any faults there may be, specially as most courses in other unis will also have some issues. I´m more worried about getting the grades to get in lol

Lol I firmed it now too, hope we both get in man
Reply 387
Anyone here firmed Glasgow University as their choice for Anatomy year 1? :smile:
Reply 388
I have firmed Glasgow as my choice for Anatomy too 😬 .. conditions are that I pass my SWAP course with Biology and Chemistry!
Original post by jmalley1
Anyone else firmed History or Sociology??

Hey, I firmed History (with History of Art)!
Original post by samanthavmac

Congrats! Are you a Scottish student or??
Congrats! Are you a Scottish student or??

Yeah, just with a wee bit of a funky accent because I lived elsewhere as a child. How about you?
Original post by afcde
Lol I firmed it now too, hope we both get in man

Yeah hopefully hahaha good luck!

I also firmed History with History of Art
Yeah, just with a wee bit of a funky accent because I lived elsewhere as a child. How about you?

Ahh, what kind of accent is 'funky' ? I'm from Glasgow and live here so I'm not going very far!
Original post by Kreka894
I also firmed History with History of Art

Oh, hey! We'll probably be in a lot of the same classes! Nice to kind of meet you.

Do you know what you're gonna take (hoping to take) as your third subject yet?
Ahh, what kind of accent is 'funky' ? I'm from Glasgow and live here so I'm not going very far!

Spent some of my younger years in Australia but the majority of my years here (being Scotland), and often get mistaken for English :/
Spent some of my younger years in Australia but the majority of my years here (being Scotland), and often get mistaken for English :/

It's probably better than my accent I wouldn't worry about it! :smile:
It's probably better than my accent I wouldn't worry about it! :smile:

Aw, I'm not worried about it, it's just irritating af when I get asked the dreaded question: "Where abouts in England are you from?"

Shut it aha there's nothing wrong with a Glasgow accent (unless it's the Glasgow Uni accent :wink: )
Oh, hey! We'll probably be in a lot of the same classes! Nice to kind of meet you.

Do you know what you're gonna take (hoping to take) as your third subject yet?

not yet, maybe archaeology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending