The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official Glasgow University offer holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

I got my offer just now and pretty much pooed myself with excitement tbh. Congrats to all you other dudes

Name- lolno
Location- North West England
Subjects- Philosophy, Biology, Maths
Course- Philosophy
Entry requirements- AAB

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Did anyone else apply to Glasgow partly because of Scottish accents?

All but one of my application choices were Scottish unis. The accent definitely helped.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I got my offer just now and pretty much pooed myself with excitement tbh. Congrats to all you other dudes

Name- lolno
Course- Philosophy
Entry requirements- AAB

All but one of my application choices were Scottish unis. The accent definitely helped.

Sameee. Edinburgh seemed way too posh. I think Nottingham will be my firm though.
Sameee. Edinburgh seemed way too posh. I think Nottingham will be my firm though.

I applied to Edinburgh just in case nobody else sent me offers, wasn't that keen on the place as a whole, though the course looked good. It was nothing to do with it being posh or anything, it was more just when I went there I felt absolutely nothing except when I saw a seriously pretty girl attending one of the talks. And she was just a potential applicant and not somebody already there so like what was even the point...

Imma probably firm Glasgow, provided St Andrews rejects me like I except them to. If they actually send me an offer then I need to buy a lottery ticket.
I applied to Edinburgh just in case nobody else sent me offers, wasn't that keen on the place as a whole, though the course looked good. It was nothing to do with it being posh or anything, it was more just when I went there I felt absolutely nothing except when I saw a seriously pretty girl attending one of the talks. And she was just a potential applicant and not somebody already there so like what was even the point...

Imma probably firm Glasgow, provided St Andrews rejects me like I except them to. If they actually send me an offer then I need to buy a lottery ticket.

Didn't like the look of St Andrews. It's way too small for me and it's eyewateringly expensive.
Didn't like the look of St Andrews. It's way too small for me and it's eyewateringly expensive.

Yeah that's fair, if I do go it'll probably bankrupt me but I should be able to marry rich while I'm on seeing as its where all the posh lot go.
Reply 45
A-Levels: Psychology, French and Philosophy & Ethics
Predicted grades: AAB
Course: Psychology
Offer: AAB

Glasgow is definitely one of my favourites out of the unis I've applied for!!
Original post by jmalley1
History and Sociology 😊

Looks nice! I was asking because I recently found out that Scottish usually start uni being one year younger than those taking A levels, and since I did a level and I'm taking a gap year, I was a bit worried of being much older than my peers!! haha although I know that there's usually a wide variety of age!
Original post by EugeniaAries
Looks nice! I was asking because I recently found out that Scottish usually start uni being one year younger than those taking A levels, and since I did a level and I'm taking a gap year, I was a bit worried of being much older than my peers!! haha although I know that there's usually a wide variety of age!

Yeah, Scottish students are usually younger :smile: I'm taking a gap year but I'll still only be just turning 18 at the start of my course! There's so much variety in age like you say, so that's really nothing to worry about. I'd actually rather be a wee bit older! :smile:
A Levels: History, Government and Politics and English Literature
Predicted grades: ABB
Course: Politics
Offer: AAB
Original post by scmerry
Got an unconditional for Biomedical Engineering! I'm from the US, so subjects/entry requirements a little different.

I've got an unconditional for Biomedical Engineering too! Maybe we'll be on the same course! :smile:
Course: Mechanical Engineering MEng
A levels: Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Predicted: A*AA
Offer: AAA
Reply 51
Course: Biomedical Engineering
A levels: Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Predicted: A*AA
Offer: AAA
Will probably be my second choice dependent on impending interview for Imperial College London
Course: Computing Science
A levels: No A Levels, I have Diploma di Esame di Stato
Predicted: 95/100
Offer: 95/100
Firm if I don't get an offer from Edinburgh or Southampton
Reply 53
Course: Civil Engineering MEng
Qualifications: Bulgarian Diploma
Predicted: 5.95, 5.90 on the exams
Offer: 5.90, 5.90 on the exams

It's my firm choice! I am so glad I got an offer.

Name- lolno
Course- Philosophy
Entry requirements- AAB

What were your predicted grades?
Original post by jonahfromtonga
What were your predicted grades?

AAB. The B prediction is pretty dubious 'cause I got a D maths at AS and at first he was gonna give me C.
Reply 56
Course: French and Spanish
Highers: AAAAA
Offer: unconditional :smile:
Congrats to everyone and good luck to those still waiting to hear
Hey there, was wondering how long it took you all from when you applied to when you received your offers? (Track obsession is killing me already)
Lads *clap* Lads *clap* Lads

Location- East Renfrewshire
Subjects- Business Management, Maths, Music, Biology and Physics
Course- Astronomy/Physics Joint Honours
Entry requirements- AAABB
Offer- Unconditional
Currently messing around with: AH Physics and Maths, H Chemistry

Hopefully see you guys in March for the Offer Holders Day ^_^
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Simmeh-chan
Hey there, was wondering how long it took you all from when you applied to when you received your offers? (Track obsession is killing me already)

I got mine 4 days after applying (I'm from Eu though don't know if that matters)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending