The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official Glasgow University offer holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simmeh-chan
Hey there, was wondering how long it took you all from when you applied to when you received your offers? (Track obsession is killing me already)

I got my offer one week after sending my ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Course: human biology
AS grades: AABB
offer: AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there, was wondering how long it took you all from when you applied to when you received your offers? (Track obsession is killing me already)

Got my offer one working day after I sent my application.
(I'm an EU applicant.)
Has anyone got an offer for Chemistry or anything from the life sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64

I got my offer in about 3 days I think :smile: what are you applying for? I have the same obsession with track as well ahaha, as if constantly refreshing will help!? good luck with your application
Original post by Desiboi101
Has anyone got an offer for Chemistry or anything from the life sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I got an offer for human biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Am1239
I got my offer in about 3 days I think :smile: what are you applying for? I have the same obsession with track as well ahaha, as if constantly refreshing will help!? good luck with your application

I'm applying for Computing Science! I'm just really hoping for an Unconditional haha
Reply 67
I'm applying for Computing Science! I'm just really hoping for an Unconditional haha

Aww awesome! I've got an unconditional for French and Spanish :smile: I'm sure you will, what's your grades?
Original post by Am1239
Aww awesome! I've got an unconditional for French and Spanish :smile: I'm sure you will, what's your grades?

AAAAC at Higher. Currently refreshing Track approximately every half a second.
Reply 69
AAAACn at Higher. Currently refreshing Track approximately every half a second.

Aww they're great grades, I know someone studying physics at Glasgow just now and she got the same grades as you and 4 unconditional offers. ahaha I know the feeling, it becomes a bit of an unhealthy obsession

A Levels: English, Art, Biology,
Geography, Home Economics, Religion, Irish and Maths

Course: English

Offer: H1, H1, H1, H2, H3
A Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Geography
Predicted grades: AAA*
Course: Zoology
Offer: AAB

I applied twice to Glasgow, once for Zoology, and once for Vet Med, but i got rejected for vet med :frown: At least i've got a back up option now :biggrin:
Reply 72
Hi!
I had a question about the offer i got from the University of Glasgow.
My offer says conditional, but no conditions are shown. UCAS Track just says "this offer is subject to you obtaining" then the sentence is cut short, nothing more. Then they tell me my fee status and ask me to arrange for my scores to be sent to them.

Has anyone else had an offer like this. Does this mean it's unconditional?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by anasmahs
Hi!
My offer says conditional, but no conditions are shown. UCAS Track just says "this offer is subject to you obtaining" then the sentence is cut short, nothing more. Then they tell me my fee status and ask me to arrange for my scores to be sent to them.

That's really weird. That's what I got for my offer too but my offer was an unconditional :/ Ask your school?
Reply 74
Original post by astrobadger
That's really weird. That's what I got for my offer too but my offer was an unconditional :/ Ask your school?

I did but they don't know :/
Did your offer say unconditional on UCAS? and was there the incomplete "this offer is subject to you obtaining" sentence as well?
Thanks for the answer btw! Worst case scenario I email Glasgow I guess...
Reply 75
Original post by anasmahs
Hi!

Hey! This is exactly what I had. All I had to do was send a copy of all my scores and then it was switched on UCAS to an unconditional.
Reply 76
Original post by scmerry
Hey! This is exactly what I had. All I had to do was send a copy of all my scores and then it was switched on UCAS to an unconditional.

Oh okay that's reassuring. I'll just send them then. Thanks a lot!

I have another question about the scores. Did you send just a copy through email like scanned or screenshot or did you have the originals be sent/shipped through the organization itself (I'm an international student in an american school system, so in my case it's SAT and AP from CollegeBoard)

Thanks a lot for the answer :smile:
//
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 78
Hey guys,
Me and my friend both got conditionals,
We have the same grades 3As B and C
In highers and mine was for English and comparative lit and hers was for English.
Our condition was just to pass top up :smile:
Original post by Zara🎀
Hey guys,
Me and my friend both got conditionals,
We have the same grades 3As B and C
In highers and mine was for English and comparative lit and hers was for English.
Our condition was just to pass top up :smile:

Are you a Scottish student? When did you receive your offer and when did you originally apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending