The Student Room Group

Please help me with ocr bio question

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Remember, image size is just the length in mm. Use the scale given with the cell to work out magnification (M=I/A) and use this value to work out the actual length (A=I/M). Don't forget to standardise the units.
Reply 3
Original post by typicalvirgo
Remember, image size is just the length in mm. Use the scale given with the cell to work out magnification (M=I/A) and use this value to work out the actual length (A=I/M). Don't forget to standardise the units.

How do I use the scale given?
Original post by anonest
How do I use the scale given?

Measure the length with your ruler- this is the image size, so now you have the image size and actual length. Can you anticipate what to do next?
Reply 5
Original post by typicalvirgo
Measure the length with your ruler- this is the image size, so now you have the image size and actual length. Can you anticipate what to do next?

Find the magnification using the image size and actual length? But how do I find the magnification since the actual length is unknown?
Original post by anonest
Find the magnification using the image size and actual length? But how do I find the magnification since the actual length is unknown?

The actual length is written under the scale :-). 20um iirc.
Reply 7
Ohhh I see thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest