The Student Room Group

Urgent A level advice

I've barely revised got my final a levels resits approaching soon. I'm sitting a level bio and A level chem so far I've revised 3 topics only because I've been a mix of lazy and occupied by work etc. is it realistic for me to achieve 2 B's / AB as this is what I said ed for my course I already have a B in business so didnt need to resit that. Wht do U guys think please give advice and what I should do now to best prepare for these 2 subjects my exam board is AQA for chem and OCR for bio. I'm currently working at E for chem and D for bio I know that's bad but that's barely any revision done I aim to revise at least 2 topics a day for 35 days to cover all the content in terms of memorisation and understanding then then the whole of may I intend to just to exam papers and questions
(edited 1 month ago)
Hiya ! so at this stage, I would focus, especially on everything that you don’t know in each topic. I’d also recommend doing as many practice papers and questions as possible, and having a look at Mark schemes to see where you gone wrong. It is probably too late to start making revision materials, but I’d recommend places like Quizlet on YouTube to have a look at videos and a lot of the resources and Quizlet already premiered depending on topics so I would have a search and see if there’s any flashcards that might be helpful for the topics that you’re struggling with. There is still time to put the effort in and as long as you revise smartly and prioritise areas that you might struggle with a bit more and briefly recap areas that you find easier in order to maximise your marks then hopefully you will be okay I’m wishing you all the best
Original post by Rohan007best
I've barely revised got my final a levels resits approaching soon. I'm sitting a level bio and A level chem so far I've revised 3 topics only because I've been a mix of lazy and occupied by work etc. is it realistic for me to achieve 2 B's / AB as this is what I said ed for my course I already have a B in business so didnt need to resit that. Wht do U guys think please give advice and what I should do now to best prepare for these 2 subjects my exam board is AQA for chem and OCR for bio. I'm currently working at E for chem and D for bio I know that's bad but that's barely any revision done I aim to revise at least 2 topics a day for 35 days to cover all the content in terms of memorisation and understanding then then the whole of may I intend to just to exam papers and questions

I am in a similar situation to you, i am a private candidate and paid £700 for bio and chem.... I received an offer for vet med (gateway) which only requires CC however i will be differing my application to 2025 as i feel as though my worst nightmare would be to pay so much of my own money and get the same grades as last year. I applied for the access to higher education which may be a good opportunity for you if you dont want to do exams as they are based on course work and smaller assessments. The problem with my alevels was i spent so so much time revising and doing extra lessons only to get 2 Ds- yes i was close to Cs by 1 mark but my remarks didnt change (paid £150 for those too haha) so i just dont see myself getting Cs if so much revision didnt help me whilst at college. I can give you advice on the access to HE courses if it is something youre interested in but just wanted to let you know my situation as i am in a similar position rn too :/
Original post by weronika22_
I am in a similar situation to you, i am a private candidate and paid £700 for bio and chem.... I received an offer for vet med (gateway) which only requires CC however i will be differing my application to 2025 as i feel as though my worst nightmare would be to pay so much of my own money and get the same grades as last year. I applied for the access to higher education which may be a good opportunity for you if you dont want to do exams as they are based on course work and smaller assessments. The problem with my alevels was i spent so so much time revising and doing extra lessons only to get 2 Ds- yes i was close to Cs by 1 mark but my remarks didnt change (paid £150 for those too haha) so i just dont see myself getting Cs if so much revision didnt help me whilst at college. I can give you advice on the access to HE courses if it is something youre interested in but just wanted to let you know my situation as i am in a similar position rn too :/

yes please id love to hear more
Original post by weronika22_

do all unis accept access to healthcare btw like uni of Birmingham?
Original post by Rohan007best
do all unis accept access to healthcare btw like uni of Birmingham?

Most universities do, just depends for which course, eg I want to do veterinary medicine, Bristol university gives a guaranteed interview or place to people who do the access to HE as long as the entry requires are met- I am still unsure how the credits work but I have been told it’s a lot like alevel but your grade is based on course work and smaller assessments instead of one end of year exam like alevels (which is more ideal for me). If you go onto Ucas and look at the courses you’d like to do down towards entry requirements it should say if they accept access to HE.

Quick Reply

Latest