The Student Room Group

Who would vote for in the next General Election?

This poll is closed

Who would your vote for in the next GE?

Conservatives 35%
Labour 35%
Liberal Democrats 10%
UKIP 9%
Greens 5%
Other7%
Total votes: 121
I'm not doing all the NI parties, the SNP or PC - just vote 'other'.

Make sure to vote in the TSR election!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Likely conservative.
Reply 2
Original post by VictoriaLucas
Likely conservative.

There's a poll :smile:
Tory till I die
Labour
Voting green just to confuse the poll:tongue:
SNP
Original post by Bornblue
SNP

Wait...........you live in Scotland?!
Reply 8
Interesting how UKIP have no votes as of yet
I would vote Labour (if I could) and if there a general election was to be called I think that Labour would do a lot better than they would be expected to. I think the press and media are very anti-corbyn, but in debates I think people will actually get to see Corbyn. Just my opinion though, I am sure many people will disagree..
I want to vote green but don't want to waste my vote so not sure yet...
Original post by richardhello
Tory till I die

No consideration for policy or those in charge? YOu just see the word Conservative and tick the box regardless.... pathetic.

As for me, still not voting for a ******** system full of ******** people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jamestg
Interesting how UKIP have no votes as of yet

I think the presupposition that UKIP would exist as a political party in 2020 is debatable.
I want a Conservative majority but I also think Labour is inadequate to be the official opposition in their current state. I'd probably prefer to see the Lib Dems make up the opposition (if we're talking purely on paper - I don't think this will ever happen in real life), so hopefully most of the legislation passed by parliament will land somewhere in the centre to centre-right of the spectrum. I think Brexit must happen as that is what the majority voted for, so a party that would overturn this should not be elected (although it would give them a mandate to reverse the decision, in theory). But equally I don't want those who are further to the right of the Conservative Party to pursue their own Brexit agenda, so the opposition is needed to moderate the discussion and come up with a solution that is most satisfactory to the greatest number of people. Something along the lines of Canada perhaps, so we don't have free movement but 98% of all tariffs are removed, but I would also like passporting rights for the City to maintain the competitiveness of the financial industry. I don't think paying a little bit of money into the EU budget in order to secure this policy is unreasonable, either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Labour, unless I end up living in a ConLib marginal. Much as I'm not 100% behind Jeremy Corbyn (though some of the TSR Labour Party are), I believe he's by far the best option at the moment.
Undecided, but probably between Labour & Lib Dem, possibly Green.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Wait...........you live in Scotland?!

Nop, down south.
My comment was a bit tongue in cheek, as of course I cannot vote for the SNP.

But they are basically an electable, organised version of Labour. Social democrats economically and liberal socially, with a very good leader.

If I was Scottish I would certainly vote for independence and vote SNP.
Original post by Bornblue
Nop, down south.
My comment was a bit tongue in cheek, as of course I cannot vote for the SNP.

But they are basically an electable, organised version of Labour. Social democrats economically and liberal socially, with a very good leader.

If I was Scottish I would certainly vote for independence and vote SNP.

I haven't looked that closely at SNP domestic policies but I thought they were actually more about things like privalisation and things going down that road than their rhetoric lets on, especially during those UK GE election debates. Maybe I'm wrong. But if I was Scottish I'd consider voting for them too. I'm pro-union but I suppose if I was Scottish I might not be.

I don't know who I'm going to vote for at this stage. It seems to me the main parties seem to go in different directions according to what's the flavour of the month at any given time. Sometimes I have voted for a one-man-and-his-dog party. Doesn't really matter that much though since the Conservatives will win every time here. A sign that your constituency is always a one-horse race is when you don't get much campaign literature from anybody in your door. We get pretty much none. However if/when I move to another area this might not be the case.
Reply 18
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending