The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mate is there a requirement for registration in this forum that all posters must be pre-uni students? why do you assume i'm a preuni student?
does it seem that you'll be able to provide a reasonable answer?
"on the evidence here, it's not looking good i'm afraid...." (quoting dear friend DFranklin)
my question was simply regarding the academic strengths of some maths departments of the "top" (as judged by me, going by the strength of modules offered) universities in uk & usa. ceteris paribus (holding other factors constant) which were the better ones?
yet mr dfranlin tries to come off as a "smart alec" if i may say so, by introducing other factors. why do you even need to introduce other factors?

i think i also stated my opinion based on findings of this topic. i also am open to suggestions that claim otherwise. i also need evidence to back those claims up. however other than derisory comments from dranklin or spencer.smith or the likes, i don't get much substance of worth. i wonder what's wrong with these pre-pubescent pre-uni students?

alice_t however provided a somewhat tangential but nice and well roudned reply. hats off to her(?) for that.
cheers mate
maths-enthusiast
mate is there a requirement for registration in this forum that all posters must be pre-uni students?Seeing as we're (fairly clearly at this point!) not friends, please stop calling me 'mate'. Calling someone you don't like 'mate' is generally regarded as offensive.

I am very definitely not a pre-uni student, incidentally.

why do you assume i'm a preuni student?
I wasn't particularly assuming either way. If I had to guess, I'd say pre-university, basically because your simplistic view of "university rankings" is something I'd expect from someone who'd not actually been to university.
well i don't see why we can't call each other friends. but if you don't like me that's your concern.
and also can you kindly show me where i was asking for a simplistic ranking of universities. did i even ask anywhere in this thread for a ranking?
clearly friend you're frustrated and don't know what to say. just bashing my posts for no good reason isn't the way to go i'm afraid.
maths-enthusiast
well i don't see why we can't call each other friends. Hint:

maths-enthusiast
mr dfranlin tries to come off as a "smart alec"

maths-enthusiast
i wonder what's wrong with these pre-pubescent pre-uni students?

Plus other comments the moderaters decided to remove.

You can keep calling me "friend" if you want, but all it does is label you a hypocrite.

just bashing my posts for no good reason isn't the way to go i'm afraid.
Dear me, the threads 60+ posts long, you've had one post warned, had other posts edited by moderators, received lots of negative rep, and I don't see anyone actually supporting you. Pardon me if I'm unconvinced it's my approach that's at fault...
Don't waste your time on him DFranklin, this guy's clearly not worth it.
The Orientalist
Don't waste your time on him DFranklin, this guy's clearly not worth it. Tough to believe that he's aiming for the unis he mentioned considering how stupid he is.
Don't worry, I'm under no illusions that I'm posting for my benefit not his. :wink:
The Orientalist
Don't waste your time on him DFranklin, this guy's clearly not worth it. Tough to believe that he's aiming for the unis he mentioned considering how stupid he is.

it's apparently you who's stupid considering i'm not even aiming for the unis i mentioned. lol who's the fr****** r&&&&&&, now eh?
DFranklin
Hint:

Plus other comments the moderaters decided to remove.

You can keep calling me "friend" if you want, but all it does is label you a hypocrite.

Dear me, the threads 60+ posts long, you've had one post warned, had other posts edited by moderators, received lots of negative rep, and I don't see anyone actually supporting you. Pardon me if I'm unconvinced it's my approach that's at fault...

my dear friend i dont know whats wrong with you. in order to diffuse the tension i called you friend, if you dont like it it's your concern as already mentioned.
this thread is 60+ posts long, yet the number of warnings has been low. as for whether anyone supports me, kindly go back to the start of the thread. secondly, what matters is whether you've your logic right or not. not how many ppl support you.

it's simple. in MOST places, at MOST times, in most circmstances, if you ask a random group of 100 or so people, how many think they're above the average for that particular group in intelligence, or some other inherent ability rated highly, then around 70-80% wil say they're above average (median). clearly an impossibility! yet if we decide the truth of a statement by how many ppl support it, that'll have 2 be declared a truth.

lol
maths-enthusiast
in order to diffuse the tension i called you friend

maths-enthusiast
it's apparently you who's stupid considering i'm not even aiming for the unis i mentioned. lol who's the fr****** r&&&&&&, now eh?

I really think you need to work on your tension diffusing strategies...
I think we're done here.

Latest