The Student Room Group
It is before the deadline.
Reply 2
What is the D in? If it's a useful subject, resit it, you could still improve it significantly. The fourth AS is not especially important if you're not resitting it, but I resat AS Geography 6 months after dropping it and improved by several grades, despite doing no extra work or even revising for it.
Without meaning to sound too negative, offers for a competitive course like law at top unis like UCL and KCL with BCD at AS, no 4th AS and predictions of ABB-BBB are unlikely. You'd have more of a chance at QMUL, Brunel and City though, I think. Personally, if I were you, I'd decline all your grades, try to get the best possible predictions from your teachers, resit your worst modules in January to get your grades up and take up a 4th AS. If you don't get any offers you like, you can take a gap year and reapply post A-level, hopefully in a stronger position.
Durandal
My college's policy is to cash in AS grades. Would they have to mention that in my application, and if so, could it put me at a disadvantage? I'm under the impression that it would put admissions tutors off.

My school mentioned their policy of not cashing in AS grades in my reference, but I don't know whether it works both ways or whether every school/college does it, so you'd have to ask. It would probably make admissions tutors suspicious because they'd know you hadn't done as well as you'd liked and were resitting, but loads of people do that, so I'm not sure how much it would disadvantage you. Really you need to ask yourself what's going to look worse- admissions tutors knowing for a fact you got BCD when you need at least BBB or them assuming you didn't do very well but not knowing what you actually got? Personally I think I'd take the risk, decline the grades and hope the predictions were good enough, but I'm not an admissions tutor, so I don't know which they'd prefer, and obviously it has to be your decision.
Im also looking at going to UCL and KCL, for the subject i wd like to do the required grades are ABB, so i would look at the specific course you'd like to do and its requirements first. Im not sure if that helps at all but hey :tongue:
removed
You need AAA predictions and an AS for UCL, King's. I don't think any of those would accept you if you had BBB predictions :redface: sorry.

if you do A level general studies, that can be substituted as the fourth subject...

Latest

Trending

Trending