The Student Room Group

is a 3 a pass?

i think im going to get a 3 in combined science foundation, is that a fail or a low pass??
im really bad at science and want to pass, in the first 2 papers ive done so far i think ive got only 20 in each soo idk.
need some advice or anything.
i want to do b tech business for sixth form btw.
its a fail
Original post by annonymous01
i think im going to get a 3 in combined science foundation, is that a fail or a low pass??
im really bad at science and want to pass, in the first 2 papers ive done so far i think ive got only 20 in each soo idk.

A 3 is a fail.

However, 20 raw marks doesn't necessarily equal a grade 3 so don't count your chickens. You could well end up with a 4 or 5 with a bit more work.

It’s a pass at grade 3

It does not meet the requirement of a pass at grade4 or grade C or above that is the generally accepted practical meaning of a gcse pass.
Reply 4
unfurtunataly not, 4 is a low pass and 5 is a good pass
are you sure?? everyones saying its a fail

Original post by gdunne42
It’s a pass at grade 3

It does not meet the requirement of a pass at grade4 or grade C or above that is the generally accepted practical meaning of a gcse pass.

A 3 is equivalent to a grade D, so I guess that means it is a fail but the grade boundaries usually vary depending on how the rest of the country found the exam. To do a BTEC Level 3, you need to have atleast 5 subjects at a C.
are you sure?? everyones saying its a fail

The government does not accept it as a pass when considering school performance. If it was maths or English you would be required to retake it.
Most schools and colleges require grade 4 or above in gcse to meet A level or BTEC level 3 entry requirements.

For more applied college courses and level 1/2 apprenticeships grade 3 is often an acceptable grade.

Society in general would consider it a fail.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8

bro i got grade 3 today too im taking yt full time wish me luck sakhirx

Quick Reply

Latest