The Student Room Group

Whats the best supercar in your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saraxh
Bugatti Veyron

That's not a supercar lol

& The Mclaren 675lt is my favourite
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May would all say Ferrari 458 and I would agree completely with them. I've been in the car myself along with lots of other quick cars (Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Aventador, Mercedes C63 and some other quick cars) but the Ferrari is just amazing. The speed is great. I mean if your taking about speed the Veyron would top it but in my opinion the Ferrari was just more exciting for me. Dunno if people would agree with me. In the Veyron I was just shi*ing myself - not as fun as the 458.
Ferrari and Porsche forever and ever :heart: _ :heart:
Original post by British Citizen
V10 is more high pitched.

The v8 rumble is something I doubt I will ever get over!

Horses for courses.

I'm an F1 fan and the 8 year old in me loves a car that screams into the high rpm's.
Yeah the E60 has a 5 litre V10 NA. Better to see the F10 M5. That thing is a different species altogether!!!

LFA is more noise than action, too much V10 engine wailing not enough speed!!

True.Aside from super cars, i'd prefer an Evo 6. Great car in my opinion..
Original post by BigYoSpeck
Horses for courses.

I'm an F1 fan and the 8 year old in me loves a car that screams into the high rpm's.

Hahaha. I like F1 too, haven't watched it recently though. The high rpm's does sound good :colondollar:
Original post by J-ved
True.Aside from super cars, i'd prefer an Evo 6. Great car in my opinion..

Nice. I'm not a fan of evo's and all that stuff like Subaru's as well. To me it's just a bad boy car that makes too much noise to cover up for the fact that it isn't as fast as it looks!
Original post by King_786
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May would all say Ferrari 458 and I would agree completely with them. I've been in the car myself along with lots of other quick cars (Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Aventador, Mercedes C63 and some other quick cars) but the Ferrari is just amazing. The speed is great. I mean if your taking about speed the Veyron would top it but in my opinion the Ferrari was just more exciting for me. Dunno if people would agree with me. In the Veyron I was just shi*ing myself - not as fun as the 458.

Nice cars and all but they lack the cold blue blooded excitement of a Mustang for example.

Mustang's have basic essentials and no luxuries. No care about safety. Just pure speed mixed with a beauty engine note (driving a manual would just be love). A Mustang also has 2 stripes down the car. We all know that stripes automatically basically give you 300+hp cos it's just mad
Nice cars and all but they lack the cold blue blooded excitement of a Mustang for example.

Mustang's have basic essentials and no luxuries. No care about safety. Just pure speed mixed with a beauty engine note (driving a manual would just be love). A Mustang also has 2 stripes down the car. We all know that stripes automatically basically give you 300+hp cos it's just mad

I've never been in Mustang so I wouldn't know the thrill. I do know that they are extremely quick and loud. The noise makes a hell of a difference. Wouldn't a Dodge Challenger SRT be a similar car to a Mustang. If you watch ep 3(not sure if right ep) in The Grand Tour Hammond has a SRT and its crazy. Yes, Mustangs are great cars but a Ferrari 458 is amazing and better in my opinion. Lol, the stripes bit was quite funny. :biggrin:
Hahaha. I like F1 too, haven't watched it recently though. The high rpm's does sound good :colondollar:

Nice. I'm not a fan of evo's and all that stuff like Subaru's as well. To me it's just a bad boy car that makes too much noise to cover up for the fact that it isn't as fast as it looks!

Haha, each to their own. But I mostly get my inspiration from Japan (Mid Night Club), big racing group that raced in the Wangan (consisted of Porsches, R34GTRs, RX7) until they disbanded around the late 90s. Nothing compared to these boy racers.
Original post by King_786
I've never been in Mustang so I wouldn't know the thrill. I do know that they are extremely quick and loud. The noise makes a hell of a difference. Wouldn't a Dodge Challenger SRT be a similar car to a Mustang. If you watch ep 3(not sure if right ep) in The Grand Tour Hammond has a SRT and its crazy. Yes, Mustangs are great cars but a Ferrari 458 is amazing and better in my opinion. Lol, the stripes bit was quite funny. :biggrin:

Yeah the noise is pretty damn good!!!!

I used to be the BIGGEST top gear fan ever. Watched every episode numerous of times. Haven't started watching the Grand Tour yet though. Been really busy lately! But I'll try and check out that episode in the near future.

A dodge is similar but a Mustang is like the definiton of an American muscle car. Probably the one car that still has it's heritage, speed, looks, noise, and oh yes... the STRIPES!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Fezza 458 is deffo good but it screams to people that you know nothing about driving or cars. It is mainly for showing off
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by J-ved
Haha, each to their own. But I mostly get my inspiration from Japan (Mid Night Club), big racing group that raced in the Wangan (consisted of Porsches, R34GTRs, RX7) until they disbanded around the late 90s. Nothing compared to these boy racers.

Yeah not a huuge fan of Japanese cars OR Porsche's or any of that Japanese drifting stuff.

But I can appreciate it. I do understand the appeal of some cars in Japan like the LFA, GTR etc etc
Toyota Corolla :biggrin:
For me it's the Porsche Carerra GT, such niche car to have one day :colondollar:
Yeah not a huuge fan of Japanese cars OR Porsche's or any of that Japanese drifting stuff.

But I can appreciate it. I do understand the appeal of some cars in Japan like the LFA, GTR etc etc

So I'm assuming you're more into the American?
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR. It's a beast and looks amazing. I'd love to have one one day.
Probably a Pagani Huayra BC. They sound good, look good, drive well and are straight up awesome. On another note, the Porsche 911 Turbo S is an underrated weapon.
A McLaren 570s!!! Saw it doing 347 km/h on AutoTopnl youtube channel, a pure british masterpiece :smile:
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
A McLaren 570s!!! Saw it doing 347 km/h on AutoTopnl youtube channel, a pure british masterpiece :smile:

True, that car is pretty remarkable and a fairly good price.
Reply 38
Porsche 918, especially with some of the vintage racing inspired paint jobs, such a beauty and goes like stink.

(edited 6 years ago)
Lads... Please!

Real petrolheads never tend to have a favourite like Ferrari's or Lambo's. They aren't bad cars but they are not machines of beauty gents.

Hypercar wise I like the Mclaren P1.

But my FAVOURITE cars are:
Mustang (just about any of them, from the mach 1 all the way to the shelby gt500/gt350's)
and a BMW M5 F10 (the M5 is just a beautiful machine, ///M POWER FTW!!!!)

Trusss me M5-All I'm sayin is check out this new Z4 comin out this yr
You can't hate on this srsly tho:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending