The Student Room Group

Whats the best supercar in your opinion?

For me I love Lambos. The Ferrari F40 is one of my fav cars ever but when it comes to modern supercars I will take a lambo everytime, particularly the roadsters.

SWEEEET!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laomedeia
For me I love Lambos. The Ferrari F40 is one of my fav cars ever but when it comes to modern supercars I will take a lambo everytime, particularly the roadsters.

SWEEEET!

Lamborghini Aventador SV LP750-4, yes that's how crazy i am about supercars :tongue:
Original post by Laomedeia

SWEEEET!

Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Lamborghini Aventador SV LP750-4, yes that's how crazy i am about supercars :tongue:

Lads... Please!

Real petrolheads never tend to have a favourite like Ferrari's or Lambo's. They aren't bad cars but they are not machines of beauty gents.

Hypercar wise I like the Mclaren P1.

But my FAVOURITE cars are:
Mustang (just about any of them, from the mach 1 all the way to the shelby gt500/gt350's)
and a BMW M5 F10 (the M5 is just a beautiful machine, ///M POWER FTW!!!!)
Always loved the Pagani Zonda, I like any of the but the F Clubsport is the best looking IMO.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bugatti Veyron
Humans. I can run so fast.
Lexus LFA
High revving NA V10 so either a Carrera GT or LFA
Reply 8
Original post by EstelleAntonia
Always loved the Pagani Zonda, I like any of the but the F Clubsport is the best looking IMO.

I reallllllllly adore the Pagani Zonda R. Just a shame that it's not road legal lol!
Original post by saraxh
Bugatti Veyron

Come on!!!!! Try again! That's just the stereotypical female answer.
The female above clearly has some class^^^:colone:
Original post by allnewmaterials
Lexus LFA

Good choice
Original post by BigYoSpeck
High revving NA V10 so either a Carrera GT or LFA

LFA is not bad at all. Not great imo but not that bad either and for me that's something!
I am really not a fan of porsche's at all. I hate them all except the big boy 911's (maybe the turbo or even 911 gt3 rs but I do like the 918 spyder!)
Why NA? It is nice but on so many cars a turbo just takes the noise from 0-100 (0bv u get turbo lag). But if u like naturally aspirated engines, what about the Aston Martin GT12?
Original post by British Citizen
I reallllllllly adore the Pagani Zonda R. Just a shame that it's not road legal lol!

Come on!!!!! Try again! That's just the stereotypical female answer.
The female above clearly has some class^^^:colone:

Good choice

LFA is not bad at all. Not great imo but not that bad either and for me that's something!
I am really not a fan of porsche's at all. I hate them all except the big boy 911's (maybe the turbo or even 911 gt3 rs but I do like the 918 spyder!)
Why NA? It is nice but on so many cars a turbo just takes the noise from 0-100 (0bv u get turbo lag). But if u like naturally aspirated engines, what about the Aston Martin GT12?

The Bugatti would win nearly every race though :colonhash:
Original post by saraxh
The Bugatti would win nearly every race though :colonhash:

Hahahaha I wouldn't be so sure honey bunches,

so many recent races have involved mclaren p1's and bugatti's and the mclaren (my fave hypercar) slapped the bugatti silly!

The Bugatti would need to be a super sport too.

Not to mention the fact that the henessey venom gt could take the Bugatti.

Tbh, all of these la ferrari, 918 and p1's can give the Bugatti a run for it's money. 2x times the engines = Tower of power
Reply 12
Need to drive quite few to tell. Sometimes it is enjoyable to drive car that you didn't like before but it drives amazing.

The power from a turbo is nice, and the noises turbo cars make are fun, but for pure driving the response of NA is just more pleasurable. I've got an S2000 and I don't mind that it's not that powerful and has no torque, everything feels direct and instant.

I don't have anything against the Aston, but it's heavy and I like high revving engines. 10 cylinders also produces the best noise.
Lexus LFA

Couldn't agree more. It's quite underrated imo
Lexus LFA

"supercar"
Original post by J-ved
Couldn't agree more. It's quite underrated imo

Mainly because it costs just around twice as much as a gallardo or ferrari and is still a fair bit slower.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised seeing an M5 give a 300k car a run for it's money!!!!!!
Original post by BigYoSpeck
The power from a turbo is nice, and the noises turbo cars make are fun, but for pure driving the response of NA is just more pleasurable. I've got an S2000 and I don't mind that it's not that powerful and has no torque, everything feels direct and instant.

I don't have anything against the Aston, but it's heavy and I like high revving engines. 10 cylinders also produces the best noise.

V10 is more high pitched.

The v8 rumble is something I doubt I will ever get over!
Mainly because it costs just around twice as much as a gallardo or ferrari and is still a fair bit slower.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised seeing an M5 give a 300k car a run for it's money!!!!!!

Yeah the E60 M5 has a V10 correct me if I'm wrong. Also the weight comes to a play. The E60 has got around 1855KG and the LFA has about 1600KG. So yeah, it'll be good to see something like the M5 be on par with the LFA haha
Original post by J-ved
Yeah the E60 M5 has a V10 correct me if I'm wrong. Also the weight comes to a play. The E60 has got around 1855KG and the LFA has about 1600KG. So yeah, it'll be good to see something like the M5 be on par with the LFA haha

Yeah the E60 has a 5 litre V10 NA. Better to see the F10 M5. That thing is a different species altogether!!!

LFA is more noise than action, too much V10 engine wailing not enough speed!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending