The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

What is university of surreys accommodation like?

I've been to an open day however only the cheapest accommodation was open and the pictures on the website aren't great.

So is someone able to give me an honest opinion of what the accomadation is like and the pros/ cons? ☺️
Reply 1
Completely genuine answer: I went to an open day and saw a lot of the accommodation. Honestly I was put off because they all had tables in the rooms, like bog standard classroom tables? So a lot of the rooms were pretty bit, with a LOT of floor space that was filled with... a table? Idk it seemed really weird to me and I thought if I went there I'd hate to have that table in there (WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH IT?? I'd want to buy a tablecloth for it idk) but then without the table there was just this huge, empty floor that I didn't like. I know this seems like a joke/weird answer but honestly I was so put off by the tables.
On another note- some of the accommodation is right next to the railway line so be aware of this if you like a quiet nights sleep!!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
I currently live on campus in a band c room and i find it perfectly fine, all the rooms have normal looking wooden desks in them and are definitely not the same desks you would have at school . Not sure about the train but i can confirm from some of the rooms up in Battersea court you can sometimes hear the cathedral bell which can get annoying.

Not sure if you already know about these but there are some videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrYDy54wek1KvTPdkQbafHldqA6pFGdwm that cover the different accommodations available (unfortunately the videos are quite basic, apparently they are currently producing better newer ones :/)

hope this helped :bl:
photo-2.JPG^As the person above me says- StagTV filmed new accommodation videos over the summer and they're still being edited currently...

Accommodation is pretty much the same as any other uni i'd say! If I could give one tip- don't bother with going en-suite/ Band D. It's so much more expensive and tbh the rooms are actually bigger in band C. That and there are more than enough bathrooms in shared accommodation- very unlikely you'd find yourself having to wait for the shower.

Just a few pictures of my room as an example: most Surrey rooms are about the same- I did move my furniture around though! The desk is supposed to be under the shelves :wink:
The accommodation is lovely. I currently live in a band c room and there's more than enough space. The rooms range in size and flat size too. I'm in a flat of 14 people whereas I know someone else with a band c in a flat of 6 people. I know someone with a band D whose room is a tiny bit bigger than mine in a flat with 20 people, and someone in a band D whose room is at least 3 times bigger than mine in a flat of 4 people. It all depends. I would say though that i haven't seen anyone who dislikes their accommodation.
Pretty good, Stag Hill Court is probably the nicest (IMO) in terms of community feel, but have the smallest kitchens overall.
The accommodation is absolutely fine I loved it when I stayed there. However as with most university accommodation the beds can be quite hard so bring something to put underneath the mattress to make it softer is my advice!
Reply 7
Hello,

which accomodation you will recommend? quality/price? i d like to have my own shower/ or bathroom.
Reply 8
This is a Band D room in Twyford Court. I was really pleasantly suprised. Pretty spacious and loads of storage with a nice ensuite. (Posting this here because I thought the accommodation was going to be awful and couldn’t find any up to date pictures, but it’s actually pretty great)
AF4C3245-D615-47DF-A03D-019BD1DFA6D5.jpeg
24DE87E0-B432-44CC-8FEF-28B41990FFF9.jpeg
966495B8-8B0B-420A-A7FD-06D2AD896573.jpeg
962637D3-9635-4235-8E04-47B81E8283DB.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending