The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Psychology

I have an offer from Surrey to study psychology. Was seeing if anyone has studied here, what the course is like, social life, accommodation, living in Surrey area etc.
Original post by User_F1
I have an offer from Surrey to study psychology. Was seeing if anyone has studied here, what the course is like, social life, accommodation, living in Surrey area etc.

Hello,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study psychology at the University of Surrey!

I am an MSc Psychology (Conversion) student; however, I also studied my UG here. If you are not familiar with the conversion course, I am essentially undertaking an accelerated program to achieve BPS accreditation. This means I attend lectures from different year groups, providing me with a comprehensive understanding of the department.

I have had excellent research assistant opportunities, networking, and pastoral support. Our department covers a range of topics within psychology, including both theoretical and practical components.

Our university has a vibrant and diverse community. The town centre has popular shops and places to eat. Both the town and campus offer various social spaces for students to enjoy. We also have numerous clubs, societies, and events for students to get involved in, which can be a great way to make friends and enhance your overall university experience.

If you are interested in on-campus accommodation, there are three campuses (Manor Park, Stag Hill, and Hazel Farm), depending on requirements and cost. On-campus residences often provide a convenient and supportive environment for students, fostering a sense of community. We have welfare support at hand, including our Residential Life Team.

Living in the Surrey area can be a positive experience. Guildford is a picturesque town with a mix of historical and modern elements. The town and its surroundings offer lovely walks and stunning views. It's also only a 34-minute train ride into London Waterloo. It depends on your personal preferences, but I love having the best of both worlds.

I wish you the best of luck in your decision-making process and your potential studies at the University of Surrey! If you have any more questions or need further guidance, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology
(edited 5 months ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending