The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University of Exeter or Surrey

I have to choose between Surrey and Exeter (Penryn Campus) for my undergraduate degree in Business Management.

Surrey would be a 1h 30 commute away and there is no available student accommodation, whereas Exeter (Penryn Campus) has student accommodation but it costs £7000 per year.

Which is a better choice?
Original post by Anonymous
I have to choose between Surrey and Exeter (Penryn Campus) for my undergraduate degree in Business Management.

Surrey would be a 1h 30 commute away and there is no available student accommodation, whereas Exeter (Penryn Campus) has student accommodation but it costs £7000 per year.

Which is a better choice?

Hello,

It's exciting to hear you will be starting university soon :smile: While I can only speak on behalf of the University of Surrey, I'd encourage you to compare module courses, academic/social life, placement opportunities, etc. at both universities and see which is better suited to you.

Depending on the contact hours of your course, you may not need to come in every day as well. There is also commuter support on campus to help you integrate into the university. I'm not sure if you've explored private student options like Scape, as these may have availability (though I can not guarantee), or moving into a house. Often people post spare rooms on Facebook pages or the app "Roome"!

Best of luck, and let me know if you have any questions about Surrey!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology Student
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending