The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Is BCU as bad as people say it is?

Hi! I'm thinking about applying to BCU for either Computing & Information Technology or Digital Media Computing. So far i've looked on The Student Room and overall the majority of posts are bad things about the uni.

Has anyone been to BCU and share their opinion with me?

I go to BCU and I'm currently in my third year. I really like the Uni and think it's great for practical courses. Of course it has its problems but doesn't every Uni? Might be worth going to an open day if you haven't already 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by HeyItsMarc
Hi! I'm thinking about applying to BCU for either Computing & Information Technology or Digital Media Computing. So far i've looked on The Student Room and overall the majority of posts are bad things about the uni.

Has anyone been to BCU and share their opinion with me?

I'd take the TSR opinion with a pinch of salt.

Most of them are up their butts into Oxbridge /Russell Group unis, and getting into Med school.

They disappear from TSR when they find for all their showing off they won't be going to these unis and into the glittering future afterwards.
I just finished my first year at BCU and will be doing my final 2 years there. It's not as bad as people say it is. I think the uni itself is good, I've enjoyed my time there so far. I'm not studying computing/ IT so can't tell you anything about the courses but I am studying at the same campus-city centre where the IT courses are, I'm just mostly in a different building. I have been to the Millennium Point building for lectures where the IT department is and it looks good. I don't think you have anything to worry about if you study there. I think the digital media courses are in the same building I am in-park side. I think it is a good place to study. Come to an open day and see for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending