Birmingham
Visit website

Ask me anything!! Current BCU Nursing Student

--
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cececilxo
I am currently studying Nursing at BCU so if you have any questions ask them and I might be able to help. If its course related I will only really be able to help for my course

Hi, my nursing interview is coming up, would you be able to help me with the type of questions they may ask?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
From what I gather the basis of the interviews should be the same as what I had. There's no use in giving specific questions because it might throw you off. I must have looked up for hours different questions I could be asked and had a list of answers for about 100 questions, it was completely useless and a waste of my time! Make sure you know the 6 Cs and have an idea of some key skills for nurses as they may ask you those. You might also want to prepare for any scenario based questions e.g. tell me a time when you have had to show compassion for XYZ. Don't be afraid to ask them to repeat or clarify, the interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to in my interview.

Also be aware that if you are in a group setting for any part of it to try and talk to the others, even if you aren't formally being assessed on that part I can almost guarantee they are paying attention to what is going on!

Thank you! I will definitely look into that. The scenario questions are the ones I am more worried about.
Reply 3
I am currently studying Nursing at BCU so if you have any questions ask them and I might be able to help. If its course related I will only really be able to help for my course

Hi, I'll be starting in January 22. I've been reading a lot about students struggling with workload and juggling assignments and placements, I was wondering how intense you find your course and how you deal that?
Hi, I'd love to know how you're finding the course and BCU in general? I've applied for Speech and Language Therapy. I know it's a different course but both are healthcare so I'd love to get your views :smile: Where else did you apply to and what made you choose BCU? There is a thread in this forum saying some negative things about BCU so I'm worried about potentially making a bad choice!

I'd like to know how the placements work.

How are they assigned? What part or parts of the first year are they in? What do you need to do on the placement? How long do they last? How do the staff treat you?

Thanks
Hi there , what hours and days are you at uni ? How does the year go with placement days , like how many ? Do you have to work nights? Just getting an idea , just about to start my access course and getting an idea of what the days and times would be with childcare, thank you

Hi, i would like to know which accommodations are the best? I'm looking for ones that are very sociable .x
Reply 8

Hi!

I will be starting a Masters Degree this year and I am curious how strict the university is about missing lectures? I know that I might leave the country for a week or two in the middle of term 2 and I wonder how big of a problem that might be?
Reply 9
Hii. Just a quick one. Will you be able to let me know if you had an exam for nursing for first year please and what was it like. Was it like an Anamtomy and physiology or what was the topic about? Also how did you find the assignments were they difficult and was there a lot of support whilst doing them? Thanks so much!
(edited 2 years ago)
Do you have very high job satisfaction?
Reply 11
Hii. Just a quick one. Will you be able to let me know if you had an exam for nursing for first year please and what was it like. Was it like an Anamtomy and physiology or what was the topic about? Also how did you find the assignments were they difficult and was there a lot of support whilst doing them? Thanks so much!
(edited 2 years ago)

Hi good morning, I’m a postgraduate international student applicant. I applied for September 2021 masters in public health since April 14, and I’m yet to get an offer. They acknowledged receiving my application though and said they’re working on it. Does it take this long? I’m so worried 😭
Reply 13
Sorry I can't advise on this as I didn't stay in accommodation.

Hi are you going to bcu??
Thank you for your response! I had to make a new account as I forgot my login. Would you be able to provide me with some topics that were in your first year exam. Also would you say the assignments are difficult? How much assignments were there in per module in first year. I have the course specification but I don’t know much about the actual assignments in the module? Thankyou so much for your help!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,
I was wondering if many didn't get their first choice accommodation? Thank you:smile:
Original post by adeeba12357
Hi,
Is the anatomy and physiology really hard and what topics are there. I did a btec health and social care and am nervous about the science bits also what is the pass rate for exams and also is the maths really hard. I'm starting in January at bcu could you please recommend some anatomy and physiology topics to go over I bought the ross and Wilson book

Its easy and pass rate is always 40%
You asked for a timetable and this is it for January starters
Didn't seem to post - so trying again
Let me know if it has been posted... I can't see that it has but I uploaded it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending