The Student Room Group

UOB Nursing Interview

Hi there, hope you're all doing well! I've attended my UOB interview for nursing last week and they've said that they aim to reach back to applicants within 1 week but at the latest 3 weeks of whether they've passed the interview stage.

I keep overthinking about what answers I gave at the interview and am starting to feel doubtful of my initial feeling when leaving the interview :frown: Anyone with me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NurseA
Hi there, hope you're all doing well! I've attended my UOB interview for nursing last week and they've said that they aim to reach back to applicants within 1 week but at the latest 3 weeks of whether they've passed the interview stage.

I keep overthinking about what answers I gave at the interview and am starting to feel doubtful of my initial feeling when leaving the interview :frown: Anyone with me?

Hi! I'm doing okay. Hope you're doing fine too.

Don't worry. Sometimes it takes time. Did you mail the university or the specific school to enquire about it?

Did you apply to any other universities? What's your course? I'm also planning to study Adult Nursing, but not there.
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
Hi! I'm doing okay. Hope you're doing fine too.

Don't worry. Sometimes it takes time. Did you mail the university or the specific school to enquire about it?

Did you apply to any other universities? What's your course? I'm also planning to study Adult Nursing, but not there.

Hey, I'm okay x

Yes they did say max it would take is 3 weeks soon as all other interviews on the course is fully completed. I did not email them as they emailed me to reassure about when I would hear back from them which based on the student room, quite a lot other nursing applicant have been worried about when they will inform us of their decision, which may be why UOB sent reassurance emails. I'm just quite an impatient person and I feel receiving an offer which would make me feel more motivated lol!

I applied to BCU and Wolverhampton, and I chose Mental Health Nursing. Where are you planning to study and have you received offers already?

Best of luck on your exams and acceptance at Uni
Original post by NurseA
Hey, I'm okay x

Yes they did say max it would take is 3 weeks soon as all other interviews on the course is fully completed. I did not email them as they emailed me to reassure about when I would hear back from them which based on the student room, quite a lot other nursing applicant have been worried about when they will inform us of their decision, which may be why UOB sent reassurance emails. I'm just quite an impatient person and I feel receiving an offer which would make me feel more motivated lol!

I applied to BCU and Wolverhampton, and I chose Mental Health Nursing. Where are you planning to study and have you received offers already?

Best of luck on your exams and acceptance at Uni

As you cited, it's been three weeks since your interview, so I reckon you should mail either the admission office or the school directly in order to get some information.

I won't say you're impatient. It's just your concern, and it's pretty normal to be.

I've applied to Oxford Brookes, NTU, UClan, SHU, CU, BU, LJMU (got rejected as they can't give placements to those students who require visa) and BCU for Adult Nursing as well as other courses. I received an unconditional offer letter from Oxford Brookes, but I don't think I'll get a chance there because they're asking for care home or hospital experience, which I don't have since I'm an international student.

Thanks for your words. Fingers crossed for you as well!
Reply 4
Original post by Meheraj
As you cited, it's been three weeks since your interview, so I reckon you should mail either the admission office or the school directly in order to get some information.

I won't say you're impatient. It's just your concern, and it's pretty normal to be.

I've applied to Oxford Brookes, NTU, UClan, SHU, CU, BU, LJMU (got rejected as they can't give placements to those students who require visa) and BCU for Adult Nursing as well as other courses. I received an unconditional offer letter from Oxford Brookes, but I don't think I'll get a chance there because they're asking for care home or hospital experience, which I don't have since I'm an international student.

Thanks for your words. Fingers crossed for you as well!

Thank you for your reply. Just to clear a misconception - I attended my interview last Thursday not three weeks ago. It has not been a week yet but hoping it is as soon as possible!

Hold on.. if you've already received an unconditional offer from Oxford Brookes, doesn't that mean that whether you had care home/hospital experience does not matter anymore as they've already given you an offer? If you decide to attend BCU and if I end up going there, I hope to meet you!

Thank you :smile:!
Original post by NurseA
Thank you for your reply. Just to clear a misconception - I attended my interview last Thursday not three weeks ago. It has not been a week yet but hoping it is as soon as possible!

Hold on.. if you've already received an unconditional offer from Oxford Brookes, doesn't that mean that whether you had care home/hospital experience does not matter anymore as they've already given you an offer? If you decide to attend BCU and if I end up going there, I hope to meet you!

Damn, I made not one but two blunders! My bad! I was actually in a hurry going out and didn't review what I'd written.

I thought it was three weeks. Wait a week and then hit them up if you don't get any feedback. Another mistake is regarding my offer, which is conditional.

If both of us get the chance there, I would also be pleased to meet you. I've started following you here. Let me know where you'll be going.

Thanks to you as well for the clarification! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by NurseA

I attended my interview last Thursday that just passed which was the 2nd. Hopefully they reply within the week.
Reply 7
Original post by Meheraj
Damn, I made not one but two blunders! My bad! I was actually in a hurry going out and didn't review what I'd written.

I thought it was three weeks. Wait a week and then hit them up if you don't get any feedback. Another mistake is regarding my offer, which is conditional.

If both of us get the chance there, I would also be pleased to meet you. I've started following you here. Let me know where you'll be going.

Thanks to you as well for the clarification! :smile:

Don't worry!!! It happens

Three weeks is the max they will take when all nursing interviews are completed. Does the conditional offer state that you need to be a UK student to study here?

I've just followed you back! Once I've received my offers I'll let you know what I put down as my 2 choices.

No problem! :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by Jane23456
I attended my interview last Thursday that just passed which was the 2nd. Hopefully they reply within the week.

Hey, I've replied to your PM regarding this! Yes I hope that too so that I can build motivation to work hard to attend there if they accept me.
Original post by NurseA
Don't worry!!! It happens

Three weeks is the max they will take when all nursing interviews are completed. Does the conditional offer state that you need to be a UK student to study here?

I've just followed you back! Once I've received my offers I'll let you know what I put down as my 2 choices.

No problem! :colondollar:

You're so sweet! :sogood:

Yeah, LJMU rejected just because of not being a student from the UK. Oxford Brookes wouldn't mind taking international students, but they've given me some awkward conditions such as having experience in either a care home or hospital (which I don't have because in my country we don't have such opportunities) also asking for qualifications that I don't have but did one from a different background (just because of this last year I did the International Foundation Year program in Social Sciences and Health from the UK and till now they're not considering it). But last year, when I was in the UK, I asked them whether they would accept it or not. They said yes.

One thing I wanted to ask you is what kind of conditions were given to you to fulfil the requirements of the universities to which you applied.
Reply 10
Original post by Meheraj
You're so sweet! :sogood:

Yeah, LJMU rejected just because of not being a student from the UK. Oxford Brookes wouldn't mind taking international students, but they've given me some awkward conditions such as having experience in either a care home or hospital (which I don't have because in my country we don't have such opportunities) also asking for qualifications that I don't have but did one from a different background (just because of this last year I did the International Foundation Year program in Social Sciences and Health from the UK and till now they're not considering it). But last year, when I was in the UK, I asked them whether they would accept it or not. They said yes.

One thing I wanted to ask you is what kind of conditions were given to you to fulfil the requirements of the universities to which you applied.

:angelblush:
Depending the area/county you live in, you can search local care homes or hospitals and contact them for work experience. Hopefully they do accept you soon so that you fulfil the criteria for Oxford Brookes who require you to have care home or hospital work experience. Bare in mind that local care homes will most likely accept your work experience request, as for me I completed care home work experience and tried applying to 3+ hospitals who either did not accept my application, or was not taking on any work experience requests. BCU is probably one of the only ones in the west midland regions that takes on international students.

I have not received any offers yet as they are still pending and I still have two interviews to attend, but conditions were that I had to be a UK student, work experience at a care setting so care home or hospitals was highly desired, my predicted grades needed to be around BBB/BBC, and also after confirming which Unis I wish to select for my firm and insurance choice, I must have a full DBS check and vaccinations before I start the nursing course.
Reply 11
I attended my interview for mental health nursing at uni of Birmingham on the 8th and haven't heard anything yet. Have you heard back yet?
Original post by NurseA
:angelblush:
Depending the area/county you live in, you can search local care homes or hospitals and contact them for work experience. Hopefully they do accept you soon so that you fulfil the criteria for Oxford Brookes who require you to have care home or hospital work experience. Bare in mind that local care homes will most likely accept your work experience request, as for me I completed care home work experience and tried applying to 3+ hospitals who either did not accept my application, or was not taking on any work experience requests. BCU is probably one of the only ones in the west midland regions that takes on international students.

I have not received any offers yet as they are still pending and I still have two interviews to attend, but conditions were that I had to be a UK student, work experience at a care setting so care home or hospitals was highly desired, my predicted grades needed to be around BBB/BBC, and also after confirming which Unis I wish to select for my firm and insurance choice, I must have a full DBS check and vaccinations before I start the nursing course.

What the hell? You replied a week ago, and I got the notification just a few minutes ago.

Unfortunately, in my country, neither the care home experience nor the hospital experience is possible to gain because of some restrictions. I wish I knew about these types of conditions when I was in the UK.

Have you had your interviews? Yeah, I'm aware of the grades as well as the DBS check, and I even took some vaccinations that might be needed later. Anyway, thanks for replying.
Reply 13
Original post by Lala84
I attended my interview for mental health nursing at uni of Birmingham on the 8th and haven't heard anything yet. Have you heard back yet?

Hey, no I still haven't. I have a feeling they will wait till all interviews for nursing are completed so that they can rank our scores and then give offers to top scoring individuals based on the spaces they have available. Tbh, I think that's fair than giving offers before. They did say max it would take 3 weeks to me, so we've got just about one more week left. I check my email junk box everyday!! It's always on my mind
Reply 14
Original post by NurseA
Hey, no I still haven't. I have a feeling they will wait till all interviews for nursing are completed so that they can rank our scores and then give offers to top scoring individuals based on the spaces they have available. Tbh, I think that's fair than giving offers before. They did say max it would take 3 weeks to me, so we've got just about one more week left. I check my email junk box everyday!! It's always on my mind

Yes they told me 2 weeks so that would be weds next week for me! I can’t stop refreshing my emails I’m desperate to know 😩 good luck to you!
Reply 15
Original post by Lala84
Yes they told me 2 weeks so that would be weds next week for me! I can’t stop refreshing my emails I’m desperate to know 😩 good luck to you!

We're bound to hear from them sometime next week! Samee too desperate ! Good luck to you too, I hope we both receive offers. To cool down your nerves, you may be aware already but this year there's been a huge decrease in the no. of applicants for nursing in comparison to last year.. so less applicants means a higher chance of getting accepted. Ok but lets be realistic here, this did not really cool my nerves down lol. I've literally been imagining how much they possibly scored me on each question urgh I'm so bad at this!
Reply 16
Original post by NurseA
We're bound to hear from them sometime next week! Samee too desperate ! Good luck to you too, I hope we both receive offers. To cool down your nerves, you may be aware already but this year there's been a huge decrease in the no. of applicants for nursing in comparison to last year.. so less applicants means a higher chance of getting accepted. Ok but lets be realistic here, this did not really cool my nerves down lol. I've literally been imagining how much they possibly scored me on each question urgh I'm so bad at this!

I’m so bad at this too! Did you apply anywhere else? I applied to Wolverhampton and BCU I have had an offer from Wolverhampton but not heard from BCU either yet! All my interviews were in the same week. I really want UoB though!
Reply 17
Original post by Lala84
I’m so bad at this too! Did you apply anywhere else? I applied to Wolverhampton and BCU I have had an offer from Wolverhampton but not heard from BCU either yet! All my interviews were in the same week. I really want UoB though!

Oh wow that's a coincidence because I have the exact same story! The week after my UOB interview, I had my BCU and wolverhampton interviews. I received an offer from Wolverhampton but they have not updated it on UCAS. BCU has not gotten back to me either. That's a good thing you had all your interviews in one week, so that you could just get it done and over with, and keep your confidence up throughout. I applied to Cov and Worcester but they're too far for me to travel to, so I didn't attend them for interview. Same, I really really want to go to UOB!! And I'd be devastated if I don't. Have you thought about which Uni you will select as an insurance choice if they give you an offer?
Reply 18
Original post by NurseA
Oh wow that's a coincidence because I have the exact same story! The week after my UOB interview, I had my BCU and wolverhampton interviews. I received an offer from Wolverhampton but they have not updated it on UCAS. BCU has not gotten back to me either. That's a good thing you had all your interviews in one week, so that you could just get it done and over with, and keep your confidence up throughout. I applied to Cov and Worcester but they're too far for me to travel to, so I didn't attend them for interview. Same, I really really want to go to UOB!! And I'd be devastated if I don't. Have you thought about which Uni you will select as an insurance choice if they give you an offer?

Do you live locally? I live in Walsall so that’s the reason for my choices. I will choose BCU if I get in there and I don’t get in UoB! What about you? 🤞🏼 for us both!!
Reply 19
Original post by Lala84
Do you live locally? I live in Walsall so that’s the reason for my choices. I will choose BCU if I get in there and I don’t get in UoB! What about you? 🤞🏼 for us both!!

Omg, I live in Walsall as well!! Same with me, if I do not get a chance at UOB, I will choose BCU if they accept. We can talk on PM x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending