The Student Room Group

Resolution Concerning Resolution 2007/41: Russian Protection of Wanted War Criminals

Resolution Concerning Russian Protection of Wanted War Criminals

Committee: Political
Submitted by: Tonga

The General Assembly of The United Nations,

Noting with deep concern the continued Russian protection of Radovan Karadzic wanted on charges of genocide concerning his role in the Srebrenica massacre, ,
Deeply concerned by this apparent contempt for the UN and its institutions,
Reaffirming the UN’s commitment to international peace and Justice,

1.Calls for Radovan Karadzic to be brought to justice;.

2.Urges nations not to hinder this or similar endeavors;.

3.Expresses its hope that the perpetrators of atrocities of this scale will not be left unpunished in the future;
Reply 1
Yes I know It's rubbish but in the absence of any interesting wars to talk about It's the best I could do. World leaders are so inconsiderate sometimes.
Reply 2
To our knowledge Radovan Karadžić is not living in russia, and is certainly not under the protection of the Russian government. Russia does not protect war criminals, and is offended by the allegations made by the Tongan rep to this extent.
Reply 3
Tonga is glad to hear that Russia has come to it's senses and with an assurance from the Russian rep that it will take every reasonable step to assist the ICJ bring Radovan Karadzic to Justice will be more than happy to put this (rather shoddy) resolution on hold.
Reply 4
The Russian government has a commitment to justice, and will treat the apprehension of Radovan Karadžić seriously and with determination - we do not like to harbour the likes of Radovan Karadžić, but I would like to stress that Russia is a big place, and the state can only do so much to try to bring the likes of mr Karadžić to the appropriate authorities.
Reply 5
Excellent

Nefarious

Spoiler

Reply 6
France is pleased that this issue between Tonga and Russia has been worked out with much more civility than the Litvinenko case.
Reply 7
Kyrgyzstan is also pleased at the ease with which this difference was sorted out. We hope that this spirit can be extended to the rest of the UN.

Latest

Trending

Trending