The Student Room Group

The Great Big D of E Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by f_p110
I am looking for my residential for Gold. do you have any suggestions?
I was looking at Avenue Cookery School but was wondering what this was like. what is the Accommodation and is it worth the money ?

Have you done your residential yet? I'm meant to be going to Exeter to do a cookery course but I'm not too sure on it all as it's fairly pricey!
Hi all!

I'm starting my bronze DofE soon and just had a question about the volunteering section that I was hoping someone may be able to answer. If I spent an hour week sewing and making teddy bears, or similar, and then donate them to a children's hospital/ward. Would that count as an activity for my volunteering section?

Thanks for your help!
Original post by Buddingdentist08
Hi all!

I'm starting my bronze DofE soon and just had a question about the volunteering section that I was hoping someone may be able to answer. If I spent an hour week sewing and making teddy bears, or similar, and then donate them to a children's hospital/ward. Would that count as an activity for my volunteering section?

Thanks for your help!

Check with your adviser but as long as someone (not a family member) can certify that you've done those hours and donated them etc it should be fine hopefully, particularly in the current climate. Make sure you keep a diary of what you've done when along with photo evidence to show if needed. You could even make a social media account to share your progress! I'm sure the D of E organisation would love that :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
Check with your adviser but as long as someone (not a family member) can certify that you've done those hours and donated them etc it should be fine hopefully. Make sure you keep a diary of what you've done when along with photo evidence to show if needed. You could even make a social media account to share your progress! I'm sure the D of E organisation would love that :smile:

Thanks for your reply! Really appreciate it. I’ll make sure to keep a diary like you said!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending