The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
dude they have all that sort of info if you look around the uni website - on the hall pages etc :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
sh0rtstuff
a list of all the clubs in Nottingham

haha, try the yellow pages!
Reply 3
sh0rtstuff
Can anyone enlighten us & give us a list of all the clubs in Nottingham & the different nights they have please.......

Rah wrote a pretty comprehensive list, I'll try and find it for you...

http://www.uk-learning.net/t54844.html

EDIT: Found :smile:
Reply 4
I've lived here all my life and i have to say, an excellent review! heh.

Stealth - excellent, don't go on a thursday, the NME night is shocking in my opinion, no dress code. - make sure you look for the hatch to pay on entry, only the other night (result night) i saw a guy getting mauled by the bouncer.
Rescue Rooms - excellent, totally relaxed, chilling out the front watching drunks walk by, hearing the beats from stealth, you cannot go wrong.
Rock City - can be swarmed by 12 year olds, hey, that's an exageration but the place is coooooooooool!!!! thursday nights for sure.

(you here me mention thursday, it's student night)

the above three are all owned by one guy, they are all nearly next to each other, they all cater for different tastes, as they are owned by the same guy, they are all excellent. I've heard from my bro that he has no bought The Social, another of my faves, slightly 'trendier' than the above 3, but still as cheap and relaxed.

The Bomb - Rival to Stealth, i think it's better, no dress code again.
Weatherspoons / Roebuck - start here for a cheap night obviously, roebuck is full of people heading to Rock-City lol. RC is also amazing for gigs.

Cucamaras - quality cocktail bar, good prices, prices vary from small to large, crammed, but excellent for getting slashed.

Pit n Pendulum - 'old eerie pub' - quality inside, i dare you to find the toilets, hours of fun, good cocktails, prices have gone up, but a quality place.

City Bar - don't go, the only time i went, a gang war started the minute i walked in :s-smilie:

Bar Schnapps - same road as Cookie Club as mentioned in the other thread, late night bar. (roebuck is also on this road)

I could go on and on, i'd avoid the typical 'high street' chains, such as flares, reflex, yate's, blah blah blah, they are just to get drunk, and to see sluts dancing.

My ideal night out -

Roebuck / weatherspoons
The Social
Rescue Rooms
Stealth

but then again, i can't say that, as i always end up going for some cocktails heheh.

oh, i'm not too sure regarding night bus's to the campus, i live in wollaton, right next to your campus, but my nightbus takes me through Bilborough, which is the opposite direction to you guys, it changed route :frown: but taxi's aren't bad.
Reply 5
Don't go to Mode. Horrible experience....
Reply 6
Mode is rediculous, it's your average high street crap, full of people wanting a fight, and crap bouncers, and crap drinks at crap prices.
Reply 7
erk
full of people wanting a fight

Exactly what I found.
Reply 8
Alot of people who go seem to have little or no intelligence.

Lizard Lounge- very flash.

INfact, anywhere in the lace market
Reply 9
The Lace Market is good - Quilted Llama, The Lounge, Pitcher and Piano, Blu Bar....
Reply 10
erk
Mode is rediculous, it's your average high street crap, full of people wanting a fight, and crap bouncers, and crap drinks at crap prices.

crikey... Ive been at nottingham for a year and I think mode's wicked... except for the inflated weekend drinks and entry prices.... it was better at the beginning of the year too, when there were beds where the upstairs tables are - that was wicked!
Don't ever, ever go to the works.

Latest

Trending

Trending