The Student Room Group

advice on studying in uk with financial limitations

Hi, i have this problem which i hope anyones able to solve for me. I am a pakistni whos currently residing in the UAE, i am very much interested in getting into a university in uk bcoz of the high level of stanrds in education there. My IGCSE grades were A*(economics) A*(Business studies) A*(Accounts) A*(Maths) A(English) A(Computer studies) B(Environmental management), and my A level grades are A(Business studies) A(Accounts) A(Economics) all of them given in one session.
Based on my grades i guess i can get an admission there, but the problem is that i wont be able to financially support myself, considering the fact that most of the universities there have a fee range of £8000-£11000 for international students. Scholarships too are a maximum of £1500 to £3000 in really generous universities. So the only possible ways of studying there is supporting myself!
Could anyone tell me wether i would be able to earn enough through jobs to pay for my university and other living costs.
And are there any other sources of financial aids i can be legible to obtain?
Ooo....tough. The first problem is international fees are very expensive. second, there are very few international student scholarships. I would've advised you to find scholarships from your end (but then again you're not UAE citizen). Otherwise you will only be able to ask for full or big scholarships when you can prove to them that your household income is really low, and that you are a super genius. I'm sorry this is not very helpful...just do some research..you may be able to find atleast something. (maybe sports/organ/choir scholarships?)

Latest

Trending

Trending