The Student Room Group

estranged, queer and minority international student finances

currently navigating some financial limitations due to personal circumstances back home :") it heavily impacted my academics and i wasn't able to pursue my preferred degree programs in my country of residence (singapore) after i did poorly for my a levels, but i've received acceptance offers from some fairly competitive foundation entry and ordinary entry courses here in the uk.

as stated in the title, i'm an estranged, queer and minority-race international student, and i'm really struggling finding scholarships and bursaries to support my studies due to my complicated home life.

if anyone has any advice or suggested scholarships, private loans and student financing options it would be really helpful :frown: i'm looking into student loans in my country of residence right now, but i'd like some help navigating the uk system if that's possible, thank you
Reply 1
Original post by cubic-foray
currently navigating some financial limitations due to personal circumstances back home :") it heavily impacted my academics and i wasn't able to pursue my preferred degree programs in my country of residence (singapore) after i did poorly for my a levels, but i've received acceptance offers from some fairly competitive foundation entry and ordinary entry courses here in the uk.
as stated in the title, i'm an estranged, queer and minority-race international student, and i'm really struggling finding scholarships and bursaries to support my studies due to my complicated home life.
if anyone has any advice or suggested scholarships, private loans and student financing options it would be really helpful :frown: i'm looking into student loans in my country of residence right now, but i'd like some help navigating the uk system if that's possible, thank you

It seems like you should ask for an advice from universities you are applying to. All universities will have different policies and support available.

I know at Cambridge, there are many scholarships on their website (Cambridge Trust). Normally the applications should have been made by January tho.

It is important that you document or keep the documents from your social worker or doctor or counsellors.
Hi,
A lot of universities will have different types of scholarships and bursaries available to view on their website, with the eligibility for each one also stated next to it. I know York St John, has these on the website and the deadline for these aren’t normally till a good few weeks into term.
There are external bursaries and scholarships available but these tend to be quite competitive and you normally have to apply well in advance.
Like the person above mentioned, I would get in contact with the universities that you have applied to, as they may be able to offer some advice on bursaries and scholarships, or even signpost you to where there are suitable one’s for you to apply for.

Suzan Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending