The Student Room Group

Utrecht or Groningen?

Hello!

I was accepted to Utrecht University in International Management MA and Groningen University in International Business and Management MA, but I can't choose between them.

I have searched and found a lot of information about both universities, but still can't decide which one is better, as far as rankings are almost the same and in some of them Utrecht is better, but in others Groningen, so still confusing... Also i know that Utrecht is one of the biggest cities and location is much better, which means i can have a great student life and travel to Amsterdam or through the whole country easily. This is a big and important advantage, but not as much as university level, since education is on the first place for me.

Could I please get some advices from Dutch people or students who are living/studing there and know everything more deeply about these universities?

Thanks in advance!!!
Groningen is considered to be the best student city in the Netherlands. Just saying.
Reply 2
I currently live in the Netherlands and have visited both cities. Unfortunately both are excellent student cities so deciding between them is difficult but fortunately you won't regret choosing either :smile:

Personally, I would go for Utrecht because of its centrality in the country, I understand that living prices however are more expensive in Utrecht but I guess, like anywhere, it depends on which area you stay in (You should research this yourself). Another plus point I have is that Utrecht is prettier than Groningen but that's personal taste.

Another way you could choose between them is seeing who the lecturers will be and decide on the most interesting one who has the most life experience etc.

I'm not much help because I don't study at either one but my personal preference is Utrecht > Groningen.
I'm curious - where did you end up going and how has your experience been? Do you feel you made the right choice? :smile: (this is a fellow student, graduate from the University of Groningen)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending