The Student Room Group

Applying to medicine in NL—tips?

Hey!

I’m a 17yo (y13 student) who plans on applying to study medicine at the university of Maastricht or Groningen (year of 2023). I’m trying to get all the factors ready for my application before October-ish (I’m also applying to British universities), however I’m not 100% sure how the application process works with StudieLink and what pieces of work (ie. References, personal statement, etc) I would need in order to apply to Groningen or Maastricht. If possible could someone guide me through the application process on StudieLink for medicine?

Additionally, I’ve heard that extracurriculars and volunteer/work experience is highly valued, so if anyone knows anything about other specific activities or extracurriculars or even leadership roles etc that would help give my application a boost, that would be amazing. Is there anything you’ve noticed about medical students in NL that have in common in terms of what they did to get into the respective unis? Tips and insights for when making the applications (like personal statement tips or things to do in your references etc) are very very welcome too! :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, wanted to know if you ended up going to either of the two unis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending