The Student Room Group

Physics aqa as 2017 paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Starstrike11864
yh thats what i got. did u use the path difference as 2(lamda)

why was the path dif. 2 lambda and not just lambda?????
Original post by snickersbar
why was the path dif. 2 lambda and not just lambda?????

Yeah I wanna know this too.
Original post by DaggerArt
Yeah I wanna know this too.

I thinks its because it was the second order, not the first.
Went okay, but I started running out of time so had to skip all of the waves questions. So I know I've lost 11 marks due to skipping questions. That paper was pretty nasty to be honest, I found last years very easy when I did the mock exam. Who else got something like 14.4 for the resistance of the resistor?
Original post by alvan15
high pd to accelerate atoms to collide
i referenced the last point to my calculation for the energy of photon , as it is released when dropping from 3.4 to 1.5 so 1.9 ev

haha that's exactly what I did:biggrin:. I saw that in a cgp book before the exam
Reply 65
Original post by wjdparkhouse
I thinks its because it was the second order, not the first.

orders with the double slit experiment?
Reply 66
WTF was the whole total resistant force due to drag and friction (in the electric wheelchair question)? How do you calculate it?
Reply 67
This makes me so scared formy A2 exam, reading all your comments :frown:
Original post by DGanco
WTF was the whole total resistant force due to drag and friction (in the electric wheelchair question)? How do you calculate it?

Honestly I was so confused. At first I used my work done from question 1 and calculated mean force done by the wheelchair using WD = 1/2Fs (for average) but then realised if it was the same resistive force the wheelchair would not move at all! So then I tried using P = Fv and tried to find the maximum velocity and conpared it to the v the wheelchair was going at (at maximum) and did all this weird stuff using KE = 1/2(m)v^2 and tried to find Kinetic energy by resistive force and then use WD = 1/2Fs to find the mean resistive force again
Reply 69
sounds like everyone flopped like me, hopefully boundaries are low asf like last yr lol
Reply 70
This paper was utter nonsense!!!! The type of questions they gave is horrendous! Aaaahhh i really don't wanna fail!
Reply 71
Original post by captainslow12
went okay, but i started running out of time so had to skip all of the waves questions. So i know i've lost 11 marks due to skipping questions. That paper was pretty nasty to be honest, i found last years very easy when i did the mock exam. Who else got something like 14.4 for the resistance of the resistor?

omg yeaaaaah! I got that for the resistance too! But, idk if its right or not! Ah hated that paper so much! The first few easy questions tricked me so much!
Original post by EA7_
did anyone get around 1.9ev for question 7.2? that's the only question I think I got right so if i'm wrong then well, i'm ****ed

Well I got 3.0 eV.
Anyone know why between C and D it's a minimum not 0, didn't seem to really make sense
Original post by GoodPlayer
Well I got 3.0 eV.

I got 3.03eV as well
Original post by alpacatailor
I got 3.03eV as well

Original post by GoodPlayer
Well I got 3.0 eV.

it can't be because the question asked for the wavelength with the lowest frequency and 410nm had the highest frequency
Reply 76
Honestly, I don't think it was absolutely horrific, probably about as hard as last years paper tbh. I know I've done a bunch of stuff completely wrong but if the grade boundaries are anything like last years (which I really hope they are) I should still get an A. I'm just thankful that method marks exist haha.
To be honest everyone should forget about paper 1 and focus on their other exams , at the end of the day you get out what every you put in so if you didn't revise dont expect to be getting an A anytime unless your lucky. Like i found the paper mostly easy -yes there will always be hard questions so they could seperate the A grade students from the rest.
Original post by DGanco

Exactly! You didn't have acceleration to work out F=ma 😐
Original post by Josy2000
Exactly! You didn't have acceleration to work out F=ma 😐

P=Fv
F=P/v
F=108/1.5
= 72N
forward force has to = Resistive forces since zero acceleration and therefore 0 resultant forces

Quick Reply

Latest