The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

How much average spend would you need per week in Birmingham?

Hi, Excluding accommodation cost how much weekly spending would be average to live in Birmingham as a student?
That's going to totally depend on how much you eat, drink, method of travel to Uni and placements.

I eat a lot so I will be aiming to cook in bulk on a Sunday evening and trying to avoid the temptation of eating out.

I'll be happy if I can stick to below £100 a week.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Tom_Lifts88
That's going to totally depend on how much you eat, drink, method of travel to Uni and placements.

I eat a lot so I will be aiming to cook in bulk on a Sunday evening and trying to avoid the temptation of eating out.

I'll be happy if I can stick to below £100 a week.

So is £77.50 a week enough would you say?
Reply 3
Im so screwed xD im going to end up with £30 a week if i save up enough over the summer :P Gonna need a job
Original post by _Hr123
So is £77.50 a week enough would you say?

I'd say so yes. As long as you're careful and plan ahead.
Original post by Gazmoop
Im so screwed xD im going to end up with £30 a week if i save up enough over the summer :P Gonna need a job

Yeah I'd really struggle with that. But I bet people do manage it. Maybe a bar job two nights a week would boost that nicely?
Reply 6
Original post by Tom_Lifts88
Yeah I'd really struggle with that. But I bet people do manage it. Maybe a bar job two nights a week would boost that nicely?

Fingers crossed yeah! I've figured out how to eat for like £15 a week if I don't eat meat xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending