The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Time table at Reading Uni

Hello I am a mature student who is thinking of doing a BSC in psychology. At Reading University.

I need to know if I’m doing it full time how much time that equates to on campus for childcare reasons?

So how many sessions are there a week that would be compulsory (in person) and how long they last?.

Thanks
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Photsell
Hello I am a mature student who is thinking of doing a BSC in psychology. At Reading University.

I need to know if I’m doing it full time how much time that equates to on campus for childcare reasons?

So how many sessions are there a week that would be compulsory (in person) and how long they last?.

Thanks

Hi @Photsell,
Great to hear that you're considering Reading! :smile:
Unfortunately, I cannot give you a totally accurate depiction of what your timetable will look like, as this varies and depends on your course and the modules you choose. However, quoting from the programme specification:
"Over an academic year, you will spend approximately 200-300 hours in taught classes. The remaining time is for your independent study, completing coursework and preparing for assessments. Most direct teaching occurs in the Autumn and Spring terms and so you will find that you spend more time than average in class in these terms. Contact hours vary in each year of the degree. In Part 1 and 2 contact hours are between 300-350 hours per year; in Part 3 contact hours are between 200-300 hours per year. Hours depend upon your module combination; information about module contact hours can be located in the relevant module description."
If you'd like to learn more about this, follow this link to the programme specs!
In mine and my friends' experience, this translates to about 15-20 hours contact time a week, usually spread over 3-5 days, and decreasing as you progress through your degree and it becomes more independent learning.

We do have a nursery on site that you may want to consider if it suits your childcare needs, which you can find out more about here, and you may want to take a look at our guide for mature students here.

Please do let us know if you have any other questions!
Kat :smile:
3rd Year History Graduate
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending